While MPLS, Internet VPNs, cloud and other shared technologies bring substantial costs savings, they introduce a new problem: packet loss . Silver Peak Network Integrity techniques can help you overcome the adverse effects of dropped and out-of-order packets for greater cost-effectiveness and outstanding performance. This is achieved by using the following techniques:
- Adaptive Forward Error Correction (FEC). Silver Peak uses packet-level FEC to reconstitute lost packets at the far end of a WAN link, avoiding delays that come with multiple round-trip retransmissions. This enables WANs to easily recover from packet loss, regardless of the reason. The Silver Peak solution dynamically adjusts FEC in response to changing link conditions to minimize overhead.
- Real-time Packet Order Correction (POC). Silver Peak software resequences packets across all IP flows on the far end of a WAN link to avoid retransmissions that occur when packets arrive out of order. By doing this in a dedicated data acceleration device, we deliver scalability to handle high volume, high throughput data streams with minimal added latency.
Silver Peak’s Network Integrity techniques are ideal for time-sensitive applications like voice and video, which are sensitive to latency caused by packet retransmissions. These applications often run over UDP, making Silver Peak’s protocol-agnostic Network Integrity solution a better fit than alternative TCP based loss mitigation techniques.
Eliminate Dropped and Out Of Order Packets
- All IP traffic. Works on all IP traffic, regardless of transport protocol.
- Avoids retransmissions. Protects real-time traffic like voice, video and data replication
- Real-time and historical reporting. Proves useful in monitoring telco Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Minimize overhead. Dynamically adjusts to changing WAN conditions
- Lower telco and cloud costs. Cost effective shared networks perform like expensive private lines
- Deploy single, converged network for voice, video, data and storage cost-effectively.
- Improve telco SLA enforcement with accurate loss reporting tools.
- Ensure success of strategic IT projects that rely on a high quality WAN, like data replication, data center consolidation, virtualization, cloud, and big data.