Mitigate WAN latency with various advanced protocol acceleration techniques, which include
- TCP Acceleration. Optimize TCP performance across the WAN with:
- Window Scaling – We use the TCP Window Scale option to deliver window sizes as large as 1GB and overcome the throughput limitation imposed by the standard 64 KB TCP window size.
- Selective Acknowledgement - This mechanism for handling multiple packet loss in a WAN environment gives a complete picture of which segments are queued at the receiver and which have not yet arrived, so senders only retransmit the missing data segments
- Round-Trip Measurement - Our proprietary round trip measurement scheme enables more efficient RTT calculation for more accurate RTO (retransmission timeout) measurements, and improved throughput.
- HighSpeed TCP- This modification to TCP congestion control alters how the window is opened on each round trip and closed on congestion events as a function of the absolute size of the window for better performance in high-bandwidth, high-latency environments.
- CIFS Acceleration. We optimize performance of the often slow performing Microsoft CIFS protocol using the following techniques:
- CIFS Read-ahead - When a user is working with a file, Silver Peak appliances generate read ahead requests within the file in order to pipeline operations to the server, thus eliminating the round-trip delay associated with waiting for acknowledgement. This minimizes the latency associated with read operations.
- CIFS Write-behind – Silver Peak devices pipeline write operations on behalf of a client, thus eliminating round-trip delays associated with waiting for acknowledgements. This minimizes the amount of round trips required to perform write operations, improving performance without risking data integrity.
- CIFS Meta Data Optimizations – Standard Microsoft clients make many unnecessarily independent and duplicative requests for file and directory meta-data. Performance is enhanced by locally consolidating and responding to these requests.
More Responsive Applications
- Mitigate the chattiness of TCP using commonly accepted techniques.
- CIFS acceleration. Overcome inherent latency with Microsoft file sharing
- Maximum scalability. Silver Peak performs Network Acceleration at very high data rates for even the largest of WAN links.
- Maximum performance. By addressing both loss and latency using our technology, you can maximize acceleration and your network performance.
- Move data quicker over longer distances.
- Collaborate in real-time across longer distances.