Improve your Safety, Environmental, and Quality (SEQ) processes regardless of the office location. With Silver Peak, IT can deliver a faster, more consistent EtQ QMS user experience over longer distances and unpredictable networks. Silver Peak eliminates 90 percent EtQ data from the wide area network (WAN). This means documents transfer faster into and out of an EtQ-based knowledgebase. Auditors can access compliance data faster and print EtQ QMS reports in less time. Adding Silver Peak to your EtQ QMS deployment can help you deliver faster, more reliable compliance processes.
EtQ's Total Quality Management Software (QMS) system automates enterprise-wide business processes. While responsive within the organization, EtQ QMS can degrade over distance when users must access remote EtQ servers or IT must replicate EtQ databases. The delay from long distances, and service provider routing and peering policies, coupled with the limited bandwidth and congestion of the WAN can disrupt centralized applications, such as EtQ QMS.
Silver Peak dramatically accelerates EtQ QMS, improving the speed and reliability of critical compliance tasks. Data moves faster between production systems. Records update in less time. Knowledge sharing becomes easier. Silver Peak eliminates 90 percent and more of EtQ QMS traffic and many of the underlying protocol exchanges from the WAN. The result: a faster, leaner EtQ QMS. More specifically, Silver Peak addresses the following performance challenges:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication removes extraneous EtQ QMS data from the WAN. The first time EtQ QMS sends data it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency, enabling EtQ QMS to operate more efficiently over distance. CIFS Acceleration includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes EtQ QMS performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost packets are reconstituted in real-time at the far end of a WAN link, avoiding delays that come with multiple round-trip retransmissions. Out-of-order packets are resequenced, avoiding retransmission and processing delays that occur when packets arrive out-of-order.
Silver Peak protects EtQ QMS data in-flight between locations with an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) running AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest within Silver Peak instances is also encrypted with AES. End-to-end encryption is provided by SSL/TLS.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. You can download and deploy it as a free, self-service trial in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your organization.
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Increase productivity by allowing EtQ QMS users to quickly report on data, and provide visibility into Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Lower bandwidth charges by eliminating redundant EtQ QMS data from the WAN.
- Improve scalability by expanding EtQ QMS deployments to support other facilities, suppliers and customers.
Silver Peak Systems appliances can accelerate a wide-access network. Small boxes sitting on the network at a Symitar data center in Missouri are helping the core processor’s client credit unions improve internal efficiencies while the company works to wean its client base off traditional magnetic tape, the company said. The Jack Henry & Associates subsidiary is using the Silver Peak Systems appliances to accelerate its own wide-access network, allowing it to continue pushing out new products without weighing down the WAN, said Rick Phillips, Symitar product manager.
When Citizens Business Bank needed to fulfill a disaster recovery initiative, virtual WAN optimization software was the logical choice. The company had already virtualized its data center and even after more than doubling the bandwidth from their data center to their disaster recovery (DR) location, data replication still took 8-times too long.
Charleston Area Medical Center Centralizes Applications Without Suffering The Ill-Effects Of Wan PerformanceThis mid-Atlantic medical center is a nonprofit, 919-bed, regional referral center with more than 4,000 employees. It is home to one of the top 10 heart programs in the United States and one of the nation’s busiest Level I Trauma Centers. Like similar environments, this medical center consists of multiple independent facilities, including urgent care sites, hospitals and administrative locations. However, from an IT perspective, these locations are managed as a single entity. This facilitates information sharing and enables IT resources to meet the medical center’s stringent demands.