Accelerate your industry-specific or custom application over the wide area network (WAN). Silver Peak compensates for the underlying WAN problems that disrupt any application operating over distance, deduplicating as much as 80 percent of the data being sent over the WAN. Screens refresh faster and more data can be moved over longer distances. With Silver Peak, IT can deliver a more responsive, more consistent user experience for industry-specific or custom applications even at the most remote offices.
Industry-specific applications are most effective when available to users regardless of their location. But as organizations grow, so too does the distance separating users and servers. More time is needed to transfer data, fulfill queries, or refresh dashboards and web front-ends. Network congestion only compounds the problem, causing dropped and out-of-order packets, which further degrades application performance.
Most approaches to data acceleration are unable to improve the performance of industry-specific and custom applications. Specific plug-ins are not available to accelerate the application. Many industry-specific and custom applications run over proprietary protocols, which cannot be optimized by application acceleration techniques.
Silver Peak, though, can optimize any IP-based application. Industry-specific or custom applications improve by 80 percent and more. More specifically, Silver Peak applies these technologies to addressing the following challenges:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication eliminates the majority of the redundant data sent by vertical applications across the WAN. The first time the application sends data it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency enabling vertical applications to operate more efficiently over distance. TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. CIFS Acceleration includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes vertical application performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost packets are reconstituted in real-time at the far end of a WAN link, avoiding delays that come with multiple round-trip retransmissions. Out-of-order packets are resequenced, avoiding retransmission and processing delays that occur when packets arrive out-of-order.
Silver Peak protects data in-flight between locations with an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) running AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest within Silver Peak instances is also encrypted with AES. End-to-end encryption is provided by SSL/TLS.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. You can download and deploy it as a free, self-service trial in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your organization.
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Maximize your investments by allowing more users to use your industry-specific and custom applications.
- Increase productivity by making industry-specific applications more responsive even in remote offices.
- Avoid or delay expensive WAN upgrades by maximizing bandwidth usage.
- Shorten data replication and transfers over distance by eliminating excess traffic from the WAN.
On the surface, different vendors’ Wide Area Network (WAN) deduplication solutions sound a lot alike. When one digs deeper, however, it becomes apparent that there are fundamental architectural differences that have a tangible impact on the performance of different applications across the WAN.
Citizens Business Bank's Steve Borba talked about needing to fulfill a disaster recovery initiative and how Silver Peak WAN optimization software was the logical choice for the bank's Dell and VMware infrastructure.
Healthcare providers know the importance of preserving and protecting their data. Not only are they liable by regulations, but the loss of medical records leads to privacy violations, and worse can lead to a loss of life.
The Greenery trading company is a leading European market supplier of a full range of fresh fruit, vegetables and mushrooms and offers a package of support services including logistics services and marketing activities. Focused on international retail customers, the company is primarily active in the Benelux countries, Germany, the UK, Southern Europe, Scandinavia, Russia and Central Europe, North America and the Far East.