Give software developers fast and reliable access to Atlassian JIRA regardless of their location. Silver Peak fixes the wide area network (WAN) problems that can undermine JIRA performance over long distances, eliminating more than 80 percent of JIRA data from the WAN. With Silver Peak, you can achieve a faster, more predictable JIRA experience at the most remote offices.
Atlassian JIRA provides project management, and bug and issue tracking for software developers. While responsive within the organization, JIRA performance can degrade between locations. Sharing information and collaborating with various team members can take longer. JIRA dashboards can be slower to refresh. Capturing, assigning, and prioritizing work can require more time.
The problem has little to do with JIRA and far more to do with the underlying network. As applications extend across private network services, such as MPLS, and Internet virtual private networks (VPNs), delay grows, degrading session throughput. The increased delay is not only a result of the distance between locations, but also the routing policies and peering practices of the intervening service providers. The effects of network congestion, namely packet loss and out-of-order packets, further degrade application throughput.
Silver Peak addresses these and other problems, enabling IT to deliver a more responsive, more predictable Teamcenter experience. Specifically, Silver Peak addresses the following challenges:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication removes more than 80 percent of JIRA data from the WAN. The first time JIRA sends data it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency enabling JIRA to operate more efficiently over distance. TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. CIFS Acceleration includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes JIRA performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost packets are reconstituted in real-time at the far end of a WAN link, avoiding delays that come with multiple round-trip retransmissions. Out-of-order packets are resequenced, avoiding retransmission and processing delays that occur when packets arrive out-of-order.
Silver Peak protects JIRA data in-flight between locations with an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) running AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest within Silver Peak instances is also encrypted with AES. End-to-end encryption is provided by SSL/TLS.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. You can download and deploy it as a free, self-service trial in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your organization.
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Increase productivity by enabling diverse teams to use JIRA more effectively over long distances.
- Avoid or delay expensive WAN bandwidth upgrades by eliminating repetitive JIRA data from the WAN.
- Shorten JIRA tracking functions over distance by correcting underlying networking problems.
Autodesk, Inc. is a world leader in 2D and 3D design and engineering software for the manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD® software in 1982, Autodesk has developed the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software applications to help customers experience their ideas digitally before they are built. Fortune 1000 companies rely on Autodesk for the tools to design, visualize and simulate their ideas to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation for competitive advantage.
This is a demonstration of Silver Peak VX virtual WAN optimization software accelerating remote file transfers (CIFS) between a data center and a remote branch office.
Charleston Area Medical Center Centralizes Applications Without Suffering The Ill-Effects Of Wan PerformanceLearn how Regional Medical Center deployed Silver Peak and gained 10x improvement (average) in application performance across the WAN
Curt G. Joa (“JOA”) is a privately held specialty machine builder based in Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin. For 70 years, the company has been a leader in the design and manufacture of custom machinery designed for the production of disposable hygiene products, including diapers, sanitary napkins, medical equipment, and related products.