Stop distance from interfering with your architects and designers. Silver Peak can improve Autodesk Revit performance by as much as 20X between locations. Architects open building models faster and transfer them in less time. With Silver Peak, your architectural teams can be as effective between offices as they can within an office.
Architects often need to collaborate together on new models. Revit provides a powerful environment for developing those models, but sharing or transferring Revit files over distance can be impossible from some locations. Revit files are typically large, too large for many wide are networks (WANs).
Adding more WAN bandwidth will not solve problem. TCP performance degrades as delay increases regardless of bandwidth. Even when distance is nominal, delay across WANs and particularly Internet virtual private networks (VPNs) may be longer than expected due to network congestion, routing policies, peering practices and other factors.
Silver Peak addresses these underlying challenges, allowing Revit to perform well across every office. Customer and internal testing shows that with Silver Peak remote Revit files open 90 percent faster and as much as 20X more Revit data can be moved across the WAN in the same bandwidth. More specifically, Silver Peak addresses the following challenges limiting Revit performance over distance:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak’s byte-level deduplication removes redundant data from the WAN. In fact, Silver Peak deduplication works with every version of an enterprise application, even when application vendors change their protocols or file formats, such as Autodesk's DWG.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency, enabling Revit to operate more efficiently over distance. TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. CIFS Acceleration includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. Latency is further reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes Revit performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost packets are reconstituted in real-time at the far end of a WAN link, avoiding delays that come with multiple round-trip retransmissions; out-of-order packets are resequenced, avoiding retransmission and processing delays that occur when packets arrive out-of-order. Extensive traffic shaping and quality of service (QoS) technique ensure applications always receive the necessary bandwidth regardless of the traffic load.
Silver Peak protects Revit data-in-flight between locations with an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) and AES-256 encryption. Data-at-rest within Silver Peak instances is also encrypted with AES. End-to-end encryption is provided by SSL/TLS.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. Download and deploy it yourself in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your architectural team.
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Increase collaboration by allowing architects to share models faster.
- Improve revision control and eliminate errors in the final design by centralizing Revit servers without degrading the user experience.
- Lower costs and hire the best talent regardless of location by consolidating Revit servers into the data center.
- Reduce bandwidth charges by eliminating redundant data from the WAN.
Whether designing a new building or creating a concept car, Computer Aided Design (CAD) / Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) programs — such as AutoCad, Bentley ProjectWise, Civil3D, Revit, and Solidworks — are essential to the creative process. The productivity of engineering, architecture and design professionals often suffers, though, when loading drawings from remote servers or transferring CAD/CAM files between offices.
Autodesk, Inc. is a world leader in 2D and 3D design and engineering software for the manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD® software in 1982, Autodesk has developed the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software applications to help customers experience their ideas digitally before they are built. Fortune 1000 companies rely on Autodesk for the tools to design, visualize and simulate their ideas to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation for competitive advantage.
Architecture design firm dwp has adopted a WAN optimisation system from Silver Peak to accelerate file transfers and reduce infrastructure costs by 80 percent. The platform, Virtual Acceleration Open Architecture (VXOA), is now able to speed up transfers of AutoCAD-based files from days to minutes. According to dwp, it now takes only a few minutes to transfer 1 GB of data across the distributed enterprise, which includes 12 locations across Asia Pacific and the Middle East. There was an urgent need for dwp to lower its operating expenditure (OPEX) costs, which soared dramatically due to an increase in bandwidth costs necessitated by poor network connectivity between its data centre located in Bangkok and the various branch offices. In addition, link costs and latency were the highest between Bahrain and Bangkok.
DWP Accelerates Data Mobility And App Performance Across Asia Pacific