Don’t let the distances, erratic conditions, and limited capacity of distributed networks interfere with your Structured Query Language (SQL) database. Silver Peak helps SQL databases synchronize quicker and fulfill real-time queries faster by eliminating over 90 percent of SQL data from the WAN. There are no plug-ins to install, no SQL-dialects to tweak. Just faster performance without headache or fuss.
SQL databases are a mainstay of business and while they may perform well within the office, numerous challenges emerge when they operate across the wide area network (WAN). Replicating and synchronizing databases may fail, users may be unable to retrieve large data sets, and real-time queries may take too long to be fulfilled. Adding bandwidth will not resolve the problems of latency, packet loss, and out-of-order packets that constrain throughput over distance.
There are many different SQL “dialects,” which makes application-spe¬cific optimization methods complicated and time consuming to deploy. Client-side encryption prevents application-specific acceleration tools from using data deduplication techniques.
Silver Peak software addresses the problems of running SQL databases across the WAN without any protocol tuning, tweaking, or expensive consulting. Specific challenges addressed by Silver Peak include:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication removes redundant SQL data from the WAN. In fact, Silver Peak deduplication works with any enterprise application. The first time data is sent from the WAN, it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency enabling Silver Peak mitigates latency, enabling SQL to operate more efficiently over distance. TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. When databases must use information on a remote share, CIFS Acceleration shortens access times with CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one. Additionally, Dynamic Path Control selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes SQL performance more predictable across congested WANs. Dropped or out-of-order packets are recovered and resequenced in real time, avoiding retransmission delays. Traffic shaping and QoS mechanisms ensure SQL receives the necessary bandwidth.
Silver Peak establishes an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) between locations, securing all data with AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest within Silver Peak instances is also encrypted with AES. Silver Peak supports SSL/TLS for end-to-end encryption.
Silver Peak offers software, cloud and hardware acceleration for the smallest of branch offices and the largest data centers, making Silver Peak the most scalable data acceleration platform in the world.
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Improve productivity by enabling users to utilize SQL more effectively and with less frustration.
- Deliver predictable performance by correcting the network problems under¬mining SQL performance, giving users a more consistent experience.
- Backup SQL databases faster over distance by eliminating redundant data from the WAN.
- Secure SQL data in transit with SSL and Accelerated IPSec.
- Lower bandwidth charges by eliminating redundant data from the WAN.
The Guarantor’s mission is to make loans more accessible, manageable and successful for students, schools and lenders. That means working with the Federal government’s Department of Education (DOE) to further the country’s education access goals, providing lenders with the resources they need to build their student loan business, serving college financial aid offices with comprehensive tools and expertise, and helping borrowers successfully apply for, manage, and repay their student loans.
The Structured Query Language (SQL) is a standard method of conveying information to and from relational databases. In many instances, these databases are centrally located, requiring SQL transactions to take place across a Wide Area Network (WAN). In addition, enterprises often replicate and/or backup databases across the WAN to ensure maximum data protection in the event of a disaster.
Networks have never been more critical to the success of IT and the business. New virtualization and Cloud technologies and services are remaking the face of IT and the way in which infrastructure is architected. But the common thread throughout is the network, which must be both highly available and high performing. The tools, technologies, and practices of network monitoring and management address these needs, and are thus essential to the success of every enterprise and governmental organization.This Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) research report takes a detailed look at the current state of networks and network management, and examines five major areas of change and evolution affecting network management, including Cloud and virtualization, Software Defined Networking (SDN), big data, the rise of log data and APIs as management data sources, and the ongoing convergence of network operations teams and tools.
Oracle E-Business is an integrated suite of applications for the enterprise that relies on an Oracle Database as the backend and a Web frontend. Oracle E-Business may perform well within an office, but performance often deteriorates across a wide area network (WAN). This application performance brief highlights how Silver Peak improves the performance of Oracle E-Business over the WAN.