Managing far off devices is made easier with Dell KACE. Yet, as distance grows and the effects of WAN congestion increase, KACE requires more time to update, upgrade and patch remote devices. Silver Peak addresses network problems that undermine Dell KACE performance, ensuring fast and consistent support for all remote devices. With Silver Peak, IT administrators can rely on Dell KACE to manage their more distant locations.
Dell KACE is a line of systems management appliances for managing desktops, laptops and servers. When those devices only need to report on local clients or communicate with other appliance across a local connection, Dell KACE performs fine. But across long distance, Dell KACE can take significantly more time managing systems, discovering devices during inventorying, and refreshing desktops to support new systems.
The problem is the network. Delay and network congestion of the Internet or the wide area network (WAN) undermine routine Dell KACE operations. Additional bandwidth cannot address problems that stem from delay and network congestion.
Silver Peak solves these challenges by creating a high-speed overlay across all private services and Internet virtual private networks (VPNs). Regardless of whether Dell KACE communicates across TCP or UDP, such as when supporting SAMBA, Silver Peak dramatically improves its performance over distance. More specifically, Silver Peak addresses the following problems undermining Dell KACE:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication and compression remove redundant Dell KACE data from the WAN. The first time Dell KACE sends data it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency enabling Dell KACE to operate more efficiently over distance. CIFS Acceleration includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes Dell KACE performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost packets are reconstituted in real-time at the far end of a WAN link, avoiding delays that come with multiple round-trip retransmissions. Out-of-order packets are resequenced, avoiding retransmission and processing delays that occur when packets arrive out-of-order.
Silver Peak protects Dell KACE data in-flight between locations with an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) running AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest is also encrypted with AES. End-to-end encryption is provided by SSL/TLS.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. You can download and deploy it as a free, self-service trial in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your organization.
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Increase administrator productivity by improving the reliability and speed of Dell KACE systems management processes to remote devices.
- Get the most out of Dell KACE investments by easily scaling deployments to support growing demands.
- Shorten Dell KACE systems management over distance by correcting underlying networking problems and eliminating excess Dell KACE traffic from the WAN.
- Lower bandwidth charges by eliminating redundant Dell KACE data from the WAN.
Charleston Area Medical Center Centralizes Applications Without Suffering The Ill-Effects Of Wan PerformanceThis mid-Atlantic medical center is a nonprofit, 919-bed, regional referral center with more than 4,000 employees. It is home to one of the top 10 heart programs in the United States and one of the nation’s busiest Level I Trauma Centers. Like similar environments, this medical center consists of multiple independent facilities, including urgent care sites, hospitals and administrative locations. However, from an IT perspective, these locations are managed as a single entity. This facilitates information sharing and enables IT resources to meet the medical center’s stringent demands.
The Greenery trading company is a leading European market supplier of a full range of fresh fruit, vegetables and mushrooms and offers a package of support services including logistics services and marketing activities. Focused on international retail customers, the company is primarily active in the Benelux countries, Germany, the UK, Southern Europe, Scandinavia, Russia and Central Europe, North America and the Far East.
Shared Wide Area Networks (WANs), like MPLS and Internet VPNs, are prone to network congestion during periods of heavy utilization. When different traffic is vying for limited shared resources, packets inevitably will be dropped or delivered out of order, a concept known as “packet loss”.