NetVault Backup is a comprehensive backup and recovery software solution from Dell that supports multiple server and application platforms, and Network Attached Storage (NAS) platforms from Dell, EMC, Hitachi, IBM and more. NetVault users can set up, configure, and define backup and restore policies for long term archiving of data to tape and disk.
Backup performance can be severely limited by the wide area network (WAN). When the WAN has limited bandwidth, packet loss, out-of-order packets, or high latency, backup jobs can fail or exceed desired timelines. That’s where Silver Peak can help.
Silver Peak software improves backups across unreliable networks and geographic distance by:
- Minimizing packet retransmissions caused by unreliable networks
- Repairing out-of-order and lost packets in real-time
- Managing congestion and Quality of Service across shared networks
- Overcoming transport latency
How Silver Peak Helps
Silver Peak Replication Acceleration software fixes the problems that exist on the WAN, enabling more data to be backed up, in less time, and over longer distances. Silver Peak software solves WAN problems by repairing dropped and out-of-order packets, overcoming the effects of latency, and providing real-time deduplication and compression of all data sent across the WAN. Silver Peak also provides an IPsec AES-256 site-to-site VPN that secures backup traffic without impacting performance.
Once deployed, Silver Peak software is easy to monitor and manage. Reports are in storage-friendly terms showing the data throughput across the WAN in bytes. Storage traffic is segmented by application, such as replication and or backup. Reporting includes minute, hour, and daily intervals, and includes a 10 day chart to reflect performance data before and after any changes made during the weekend.
When the problems on the WAN have been repaired, it is easy to meet, maintain, and even reduce NetVault backup windows.
Dell and Silver Peak
- Meet Recovery Point Objectives (RPO). Back up more data offsite in less time
- Back up over longer distances. Extend distances between source/target devices
- Improve business continuity. Maintain DR facility for high availability
- Lower disaster recovery costs. Replicate critical data across existing WANs more efficiently
- Secure data in transit with an IPsec AES-256 site-to-site VPN
- Deploy rapidly. No networking expertise required to install
- Improve troubleshooting by monitoring network conditions & performance with real-time dashboards
Silver Peak VRX Replication Acceleration software makes replication acceleration easy and affordable.