Replicate email faster and collaborate more effectively. Silver Peak eliminates the network problems that undermine email and collaboration performance over distance. Email bandwidth consumption can be reduced by 10X or more with Silver Peak, accelerating the sending of messages with large attachments.
Microsoft Exchange Server, IBM Notes and other email and collaboration systems have been the backbone of organizational collaboration. But as the distances increase between mail servers and users, performance problems emerge. Files may take longer to send. Email servers may not be able replicate their databases.
Adding more WAN bandwidth will not solve problem. TCP performance degrades as delay increases regardless of bandwidth. Even when distance is nominal, delay across WANs and particularly Internet virtual private networks (VPNs) may be longer than expected due to network congestion, routing policies, peering practices and other factors.
Silver Peak corrects the network problems that undermine email performance over distance. Customers have found Silver Peak software reduces bandwidth consumption by 10X and more, letting organizations replicate email databases faster and more efficiently while shortening the time needed to transfer attachments and files. Specific challenges addressed by Silver Peak include:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication dramatically reduces amount of bandwidth consumed by email by removing the redundant data from the WAN. The first time an email server sends data it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency enabling email servers to operate more efficiently over distance. TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. CIFS Acceleration includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes email performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost or out-of-order packets are recovered and resequenced in real time, avoiding retransmission delays. Traffic shaping and Quality of Service (QoS) mechanisms ensure all applications receive the necessary bandwidth.
Silver Peak protects email and collaboration data in-flight between locations with an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) between locations, securing all data with AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest in each Silver Peak instance is also encrypted with AES. Silver Peak supports SSL/TLS for end-to-end encryption.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. You can download and deploy it as a free, self-service trial in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your organization.
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Increase productivity by enabling users to share and transfer files faster and with less frustration.
- Reduce operating costs by consolidating email servers without impacting the user experience.
- Replicate email servers faster by reducing the amount of data that’s actually transferred across the WAN.
- Secure email and colloboration data in transit with SSL and Accelerated IPSec without sacrificing performance or increasing complexity.
- Minimze high bandwidth charges caused by email and colloaboration systems by eliminating redundant data from the WAN.
Microsoft Exchange faces significant performance challenges when operating over distance. This brief explains how Silver Peak overcomes those challenges and provides performance results from lab testing and/or customer deployments.
IBM Notes and Domino (formerly Lotus Notes and Domino) are client and server components, respectively, to the popular business collaboration system.
This brief examines Microsoft SharePoint performance over distance. It identifies the causes of poor SharePoint performance, discusses how Silver Peak addresses those issues and provides customer and/or lab performance results.
IBM Lotus Notes® and Domino® are robust platforms for enterprise collaboration, including a wide variety of tools for messaging and directory services, discussion, calendaring, and document management services. While the IBM Lotus family was designed for deployment across distributed enterprises, there are inherent challenges associated with collaborating across a Wide Area Network, including poor application response time and excessive bandwidth usage. These are solved using Silver Peak’s data acceleration software.
Charleston Area Medical Center Centralizes Applications Without Suffering The Ill-Effects Of Wan PerformanceLearn how Regional Medical Center deployed Silver Peak and gained 10x improvement (average) in application performance across the WAN
Autodesk, Inc. is a world leader in 2D and 3D design and engineering software for the manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD® software in 1982, Autodesk has developed the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software applications to help customers experience their ideas digitally before they are built. Fortune 1000 companies rely on Autodesk for the tools to design, visualize and simulate their ideas to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation for competitive advantage.