Don’t let distance or erratic Internet connections interfere with your enterprise content management (ECM) system. Silver Peak dynamically corrects the problems that undermine the remote performance of ECM over the WAN. Files check in and out faster; repositories replicate in seconds, not hours. With Silver Peak, your ECM system delivers LAN-like performance regardless of the location and without expensive, proprietary caching.
ECM systems allow organization to better manage and share the files and content across the enterprise. But as the distance between offices grow, users may find retrieving files takes too long while IT discovers replicating repositories stretching from hours to days.
The problem is not the content management software; it’s the network. As distances increase, the amount of data that can be transferred across a TCP connection decreases. Add in the effects of network congestion, such as lost and out-of-order packets, and ECM throughput decreases even further. Increasing the site's WAN bandwidth generally does not address problems stemming from latency or congestion. For the same reasons, enterprises expect a cloud provider hosting a content repository to fix the performance problems as latency and congestion often result from the Internet not the cloud provider’s network.
Silver Peak corrects the limitations of the Internet and any other network. Retrieving and uploading content takes less time as Silver Peak reduces data transfers by 80 percent or more. Coupled with Silver Peak's ability to streamline protocols while recovering and reordering packets in real-time, Silver Peak improves replication times by 20-times. More specifically, Silver Peak address the the following challenges:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication removes redundant data from the WAN. The first time ECM systems send data, it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency, enabling an ECM system to operate more efficiently over distance using TCP Acceleration, which includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. Accessing CIFS-mounts is made faster with CIFS Acceleration, which includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes ECM system performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost packets are reconstituted in real-time at the far end of a WAN link, avoiding delays that come with multiple round-trip retransmissions; out-of-order packets are resequenced, avoiding retransmission and processing delays that occur when packets arrive out-of-order.
Silver Peak protects ECM data in-flight between locations with an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) running AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest in Silver Peak instances also encrypted with AES. End-to-end encryption is provided by SSL/TLS.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. Download and deploy it yourself in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your team.
VX Virtual WAN Optimization Software
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
NX Appliances for Application Acceleration and Replication Acceleration
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Unity Architecture: Building an SD-WAN Fabric
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Increases user satisfaction by delivering a more predictable and responsive experience to users regardless of location.
- Reduce costs by enabling a single repository architecture to responsive over long distance and without consuming more bandwidth or requiring specialized caching.
- Hire the best talent regardless of location by allowing employees to access information resources quickly and efficiently from any location
Users in branch offices and remote offices have traditionally had a difficult time accessing files stored in remote data centers. The Windows file system relies on CIFS/SMB a chatty protocol that performs poorly over the WAN. Silver Peak corrects CIFS chattiness, accelerating the transfer of data to the branch office or remote office. This document explains how Silver Peak enable centrally managed file services to dramatically improve branch office and remote office productivity.
This is a demonstration of Silver Peak VX virtual WAN optimization software accelerating remote file transfers (CIFS) between a data center and a remote branch office.
DWP Accelerates Data Mobility And App Performance Across Asia Pacific
Autodesk, Inc. is a world leader in 2D and 3D design and engineering software for the manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD® software in 1982, Autodesk has developed the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software applications to help customers experience their ideas digitally before they are built. Fortune 1000 companies rely on Autodesk for the tools to design, visualize and simulate their ideas to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation for competitive advantage.
Charleston Area Medical Center Centralizes Applications Without Suffering The Ill-Effects Of Wan PerformanceLearn how Regional Medical Center deployed Silver Peak and gained 10x improvement (average) in application performance across the WAN