Put sluggish enterprise Web applications on the fast track with Silver Peak. Application front-ends respond quicker and files transfer faster all while consuming less bandwidth. Silver Peak accelerates the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and eliminates excess bandwidth from the wide area network (WAN). With Silver Peak, HTTP/HTTPS applications perform as well between offices as they do within the office.
Enterprise web applications may perform well within a controlled netowrk, but become sluggish and unresponsive over distance. Part of this has to do with the combination of rich web design and large data types used by HTTP applications. The effects of latency and network congestion also become more acute when HTML pages generate numerous client-server exchanges. Adding bandwidth does not address the limitations imposed by the effects of latency and network congestion. Many approaches to application acceleration are also limitied, lacking the scalability to accomodate the increased number of concurrent connections allowed by today's Web browsers.
Silver Peak software enables HTTP/HTTPS to perform across the WAN as well as it does on the LAN with the scale to accommodate even the largest data centers. More than 10x of HTTP/HTTPS data is elminated from the WAN . More specfically, Silver Peak software addresses the following core problems limiting HTTP performance:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication removes redundant HTTP/HTTPS data from the WAN. Data is fingerprinted and compressed the first time Silver Peak sends it across the WAN. Subsequent requests are fulfilled from the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency enabling HTTP/HTTPS to operate more efficiently over distance. TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak eliminates the effects of congestion making HTTP/HTTPS performance more predictable, recovering lost packets and resequencing out-of-order packets in real-time, avoiding retransmission delays. Dynamic Path Control identifies the optimum path to a remote location while traffic shaping and QoS technology ensures applications like CIFS/SMB receive the necessary bandwidth.
Silver Peak protects data end-to-end with SSL/TLS and site-to-site with Accelerated IPSec. All data, whether at rest within the Silver Peak instance or in-flight between locations, is encrypted with AES, the enterprise standard for data encryption. End-to-end encryption is provided by SSL/TLS.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. You can download and deploy it as a free, self-service trial in just 20 minutes or contact usto see how Silver Peak can help your organization.
VX Virtual WAN Optimization Software
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
NX Appliances for Application Acceleration and Replication Acceleration
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Unity Architecture: Building an SD-WAN Fabric
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
Cloud Acceleration for Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Silver Peak makes Amazon Web Services (AWS) fast and affordable.
- Minimize bandwidth charges by eliminating redundant data from the WAN.
- Improve collaboration collaboration by allowing distributed teams to share files faster.
- Reduce the security risks of Web server consolidation by encrypting data in transit and at rest.
- Lowercosts and hire the best talent regardless of location by enabling access to enterprise Web applications from anywhere in the world.
Web applications have become richer over time, including more interactive data with larger embedded images and file attachments. In addition, many client/server applications have a substantial amount of code that must be downloaded to the client browser before operation. All of these attributes make it increasingly difficult to deliver web applications across a WAN.
This brief explains the performance challenges Web applications to face when running over distance and how Silver Peak data acceleration solves those challenges. Included are HTTP performance results from lab tests and customer deployments.