IBM SVC Global Mirror provides an asynchronous replication over distances greater than 300 km. While Global Mirror can provide fast replication if there is adequate bandwidth between sites, the wide area network is full of other inefficiencies—like high latency, bandwidth contention, out-of-order or dropped packets—that can undermine replication performance, causing missed RPOs and the potential for data loss.
How Silver Peak can help
- Protect more data by compressing and deduplicating redundant data patterns in your replication traffic before it is sent over the WAN. By reducing the amount of redundant Global Mirror data sent over the WAN, you can afford to replicate all of your data, not just the most important data.
- Increase the geographic distance between disaster recovery facilities by improving Global Mirror performance in higher latency environments.
- Reduce costs with one WAN for Global Mirror and other applications; Silver Peak’s advanced QoS and traffic shaping techniques protects application performance.
- Avoid or delay expensive WAN bandwidth upgrades. In high latency and loss networks, adding bandwidth won’t necessarily increase performance. Silver Peak corrects the higher rates of loss and out-of-order packets, which normally undermine performance on these networks. With Silver Peak, you can get more performance out of lower cost Internet VPNs and MPLS networks
- Secure data in transit with AES 256 IPsec VPN
Silver Peak replication acceleration software
Silver Peak Replication Acceleration software fixes the problems that exist on the WAN, enabling more data to be replicated, in less time, and over longer distances. Silver Peak software solves WAN problems by repairing dropped and out-of-order packets, overcoming the effects of latency, and providing real-time deduplication and compression of all data sent across the WAN. Silver Peak also provides an IPsec AES-256 site-to-site VPN that secures replication traffic without impacting performance. When the problems on the WAN have been repaired, it is easy to meet, maintain, and even reduce RPOs.
- Meet Recovery Point Objectives (RPO). Replicate more data in less time to remote locations.
- Replicate over longer distances. Eliminate distance limitations between source/target devices.
- Improve business continuity. Maintain redundant data centers in distant geographies for rapid recovery from disasters.
- Lower disaster recovery costs. Eliminate costly dedicated networks for replication; avoid bandwidth upgrades.
Silver Peak VRX Replication Acceleration software makes replication acceleration easy and affordable.