Deliver a faster, more predictable Microsoft Exchange experience across any network and for any location. Silver Peak accelerates every version of Exchange, reducing Exchange's wide area network (WAN) bandwidth consumption by as much as 10X or more. Replicate Exchange databases in hours, not days. Send massive attachments faster and without disrupting other applications sharing the same network.
Microsoft Exchange Server has long been a popular tool e-mail and calendaring tool within business. While effective across a campus or office, Exchange performance suffers for some locations separated by long distances or erratic networks. Part of the problem was the Mail Application Programming Interface (MAPI), whose poor performance over distance is well documented. MAPI-specific optimizations tried to address this problem only to disrupt or fail to optimize newer versions of Exchange that replace MAPI with Remote Procedure Call (RPC)-over-TCP and Remote Procedure Call (RPC)-over-HTTP (Outlook Anywhere).
Silver Peak's Microsoft Exchange optimizes any version of Exchange. No special plug-ins are required or need to be updated, making configuration fast and maintenance simple. Customer testing shows that Silver Peak software can shorten Exchange email delivery by 95 percent, reduce bandwidth consumption by 10X, and setup in under an hour. Specific challenges addressed by Silver Peak include:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication dramatically reduces the amount of bandwidth Exchange consumes by removing the redundant data from the WAN. The first time Exchange sends data it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency enabling Exchange to operate more efficiently over distance, improving the user experience. TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. CIFS Acceleration includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes Exchange performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost or out-of-order packets are recovered and resequenced in real time, avoiding retransmission delays. Traffic shaping and Quality of Service (QoS) mechanisms ensure all applications receive the necessary bandwidth.
Silver Peak protects Exchange data in-flight between locations with an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN), securing all data with AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest in each Silver Peak instance is also encrypted with AES. Silver Peak supports SSL/TLS for end-to-end encryption.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. You can download and deploy it as a free, self-service trial in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your organization.
VX Virtual WAN Optimization Software
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
NX Appliances for Application Acceleration and Replication Acceleration
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Unity Architecture: Building an SD-WAN Fabric
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Reduce operating costs by consolidating Exchange servers without degrading the user experience.
- Replicate Exchange servers faster by reducing the data transferred across the WAN by 10X and more.
- Secure Exchange data in transit with SSL and Accelerated IPSec without sacrificing performance or increasing complexity.
- Lower Exchange costs by eliminating redundant data from the WAN, reducing reoccurring bandwidth charges.
Microsoft Exchange faces significant performance challenges when operating over distance. This brief explains how Silver Peak overcomes those challenges and provides performance results from lab testing and/or customer deployments.
This white paper examines the requirements for optimizing SaaS and how Silver Peak's Unity WAN fabric gives IT the visibility and control that has been missing while giving users the performance they need.
It has historically been difficult to deliver Microsoft® E-mail (Outlook and Exchange) over a WAN or dial-up connection. That is because e-mail transfers typically require a lot of bandwidth, which is often limited when communicating to remote or branch offices. In addition, the underlying architecture for communication with a Microsoft Exchange Server, called the Mobile-based Messaging API (MAPI), causes significant delay when communicating across a WAN.
Autodesk, Inc. is a world leader in 2D and 3D design and engineering software for the manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD® software in 1982, Autodesk has developed the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software applications to help customers experience their ideas digitally before they are built. Fortune 1000 companies rely on Autodesk for the tools to design, visualize and simulate their ideas to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation for competitive advantage.
Charleston Area Medical Center Centralizes Applications Without Suffering The Ill-Effects Of Wan PerformanceLearn how Regional Medical Center deployed Silver Peak and gained 10x improvement (average) in application performance across the WAN
Off-site data replication can be a critical part of a disaster recovery plan, but as County National Bank discovered, the IT department first needed to address the limitations of the underlying wide area network (WAN). Limited bandwidth, high rates of packet loss and out-of-order packets, and long distances often sabotage data replication performance.