Don’t let the distances, erratic conditions, and limited capacity of distributed networks interfere with Microsoft SQL Server. Silver Peak helps Microsoft SQL Server databases synchronize quicker and fulfill real-time SQL queries faster by eliminating over 90 percent of Microsoft SQL data from the WAN. There are no plug-ins to install, no SQL-dialects to tweak. Just faster performance without headache or fuss.
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database that uses a variation of Structured Query Language (SQL) called Transact-SQL (T-SQL) to manage data. In many instances, SQL Server databases are centrally located, forcing queries to move large amounts of data across the bandwidth-constrained wide area network (WAN). Real-time SQL queries and database synchronization may also be degraded or disrupted by the longer delays and network congestion problems encountered on the WAN. Given the many “dialects” of SQL available today, implementing other methods of application-spe¬cific optimizations is often complicated, time consuming, and expensive.
Silver Peak enables Microsoft SQL Server to perform across the WAN as well as it does on the LAN without any protocol tuning, tweaking, or costly consulting. Specific challenges addressed by Silver Peak include:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication removes redundant SQL data from the WAN. In fact, Silver Peak deduplication works with any enterprise application. The first time data is sent from the WAN, it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency enabling Microsoft SQL to operate more efficiently over distance. TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. When databases must use information on a remote share, CIFS Acceleration shortens access times with CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes Microsoft SQL performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost or out-of-order packets are recovered and resequenced in real time, avoiding retransmission delays. Traffic shaping and QoS technology ensures SQL receives the necessary bandwidth.
Silver Peak establishes an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) between locations, securing all data with AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest within Silver Peak instances is also encrypted with AES. Silver Peak supports SSL/TLS for end-to-end encryption.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. Download and deploy it yourself in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your team.
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
Silver Peak makes Amazon Web Services (AWS) fast and affordable.
- Improve productivity by enabling users to utilize Microsoft SQL Server more effectively and with less frustration.
- Deliver predictable performance by correcting the network problems under¬mining SQL performance, giving users a more consistent experience.
- Replicate and synchronize Microsoft SQL Server databases faster over distance by eliminating redundant data from the WAN.
- Secure SQL data in transit with SSL and Accelerated IPSec.
- Lower bandwidth charges by eliminating redundant data from the WAN.
The Structured Query Language (SQL) is a standard method of conveying information to and from relational databases. In many instances, these databases are centrally located, requiring SQL transactions to take place across a Wide Area Network (WAN). In addition, enterprises often replicate and/or backup databases across the WAN to ensure maximum data protection in the event of a disaster.
The Guarantor’s mission is to make loans more accessible, manageable and successful for students, schools and lenders. That means working with the Federal government’s Department of Education (DOE) to further the country’s education access goals, providing lenders with the resources they need to build their student loan business, serving college financial aid offices with comprehensive tools and expertise, and helping borrowers successfully apply for, manage, and repay their student loans.