Nimble is a flash-optimized hybrid storage solution that includes highly-efficient, data replication software for off-site data. Nimble stores all data compressed on disk, and replicates only changed data to the remote site. While Nimble is efficient in data replication, customers replicating over longer distances see lower rates of data transfer, and find it difficult to meet their recovery point objective (RPO). That’s because as distance increases between the data center and the remote site, round-trip latency also increases. A combination of this increased latency and the amount of packet loss found on shared networks can cause replication to slow down or even stop. That’s where Silver Peak can help.
How Silver Peak Helps
- Silver Peak software fixes the network so that Nimble customers can protect more data and easily meet their RPO.
- Distance limitations between source and target devices are overcome by accelerating replication traffic and efficiently using all of the available bandwidth.
- Even more data can be protected with deduplication and compression. Network quality problems are fixed in real-time.
- All accelerated traffic can be further protected with real-time, AES encryption.
Testing results for Nimble Storage were compiled from three customers – a leading architecture and design firm, a leading e-commerce provider, and an IT service provider. Results show the following
- Silver Peak data deduplication reduced up to 85% of repetitive data before transmission over the WAN.
- Silver Peak protected 5x more data using the same bandwidth.
Silver Peak VRX Software
Silver Peak VRX software is made for storage replication. Deployment takes less than 20 minutes and requires no networking expertise or assistance. By combining Silver Peak VRX software with Nimble Storage, you can:
Protect all of the organization’s data: Replicate data that isn’t being replicated today, and maintain existing RPOs.
Replicate over longer distances: Eliminate distance limitations between source and target arrays.
Lower Disaster Recovery Costs: Avoid the costs and hassles of bandwidth upgrades.
Improve Business Continuity: Better protection of critical data for rapid recovery.
Nimble and Silver Peak
- Nimble Storage information (on nimblestorage.com)
- Meet Recovery Point Objectives (RPO). Replicate more data in less time to remote locations.
- Replicate over longer distances. Eliminate distance limitations between source/target devices.
- Improve business continuity. Maintain redundant data centers for hot failover.
- Lower disaster recovery costs. Eliminate costly dedicated networks for replication; avoid bandwidth upgrades.