Give software developers fast and reliable access to Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) regardless of location. Silver Peak fixes the wide area network (WAN) problems that may interfere with Oracle Agile PLM across long distances. Dashboards refresh faster and Oracle replication consumes less bandwidth. With Silver Peak, IT can deliver a faster, more consistent Agile PLM experience to any location.
Oracle Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) helps enterprises centralize product data, streamline processes, and launch products faster. While responsive within the organization, Agile PLM performance is impacted by varying conditions of the wide area network (WAN). Replicating Agile PLM databases across long distances may take longer to complete. Logging into Agile PLM from remote offices, and using dashboard functions - such as tab clicks and printing reports - may require more time.
Increasing WAN bandwidth will not address the problem. TCP performance decreases as distance increases regardless of bandwidth. Even when distance is nominal, delay across private network services, such as MPLS, and particularly Internet virtual private networks (VPNs) may be longer than expected due to network congestion, routing policies, and peering practices. Enterprises also cannot expect a cloud provider hosting Agile PLM to fix the problem as the causes of delay often lie in the Internet not the cloud provider’s network.
Silver Peak addresses these problems, enabling IT to deliver a faster, more consistent Agile PLM even to distant locations. More specifically, Silver Peak overcomes the following challenges undermining Agile:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication removes extraneous Agile PLM data from the WAN. The first time Agile PLM sends data, it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance. Customer experiences show that Silver Peak can eliminate more than 80 percent of Oracle Agile PLM data from the WAN.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency enabling Agile PLM to operate more efficiently over distance. TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. Agile file sharing is improved through CIFS Acceleration, which includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes Agile PLM performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost packets are reconstituted in real-time at the far end of a WAN link, avoiding delays that come with multiple round-trip retransmissions. Out-of-order packets are resequenced, avoiding retransmission and processing delays that occur when packets arrive out-of-order.
Silver Peak protects Agile PLM data in-flight between locations with an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) running AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest in each Silver Peak instance is also encrypted with AES. End-to-end encryption is provided by SSL/TLS.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. You can download and deploy it as a free, self-service trial in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your organization.
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Increase productivity by allowing remote developers to to collaborate and access data faster with Agile PLM.
- Avoid or delay expensive WAN bandwidth upgrades by eliminating repetitive Agile PLM data from the WAN.
- Accelerate Agile PLM functions over distance by correcting underlying networking problems.
Autodesk, Inc. is a world leader in 2D and 3D design and engineering software for the manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD® software in 1982, Autodesk has developed the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software applications to help customers experience their ideas digitally before they are built. Fortune 1000 companies rely on Autodesk for the tools to design, visualize and simulate their ideas to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation for competitive advantage.
This white paper examines the requirements for optimizing SaaS and how Silver Peak's Unity WAN fabric gives IT the visibility and control that has been missing while giving users the performance they need.
Accelrys Optimizes VDI and Replication over Distance
This is a demonstration of Silver Peak VX virtual WAN optimization software accelerating remote file transfers (CIFS) between a data center and a remote branch office.
Oracle E-Business is an integrated suite of applications for the enterprise that relies on an Oracle Database as the backend and a Web frontend. Oracle E-Business may perform well within an office, but performance often deteriorates across a wide area network (WAN). This application performance brief highlights how Silver Peak improves the performance of Oracle E-Business over the WAN.