Don’t let the long distances and dynamic nature of distributed networks interfere with your Oracle implementation. Silver Peak enables Oracle database replication and Oracle E-Business applications to perform their very best even when wide area network (WAN) conditions are at their worst. There are no complicated optimization plug-ins to configure with Silver Peak and no required consulting hours needed for your WAN optimization deployment. Just download and start optimizing Oracle – it’s that simple.
Oracle Database remains one of the most popular Structured Query Language (SQL) databases on the market, serving as the backend to Oracle E-Business and other corporate-wide applications. While Oracle may perform fine within an office or campus environment, across the wide area network (WAN) and particularly Internet Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), performance may suffer for some locations. Real-time queries may not be fulfilled in real-time, retrieving large datasets can often seem impossible, and Oracle replication may fail to complete within expected recovery point objectives (RPOs).
Adding bandwidth typically does not solve the problem when locations are separated by long distances or by networks with significant amounts of packet loss. The delay incurred when fulfilling a request or waiting for packets to be resent are independent of bandwidth. Only by architecting networks with latency and loss in mind can IT deliver a predictable, responsive Oracle experience to all locations. But addressing Oracle performance challenges over distance has been difficult for IT. The many dialects of SQL make SQL-specific optimizations complicated and time consuming to deploy. Additionally, the Oracle E-Business Suite encrypts traffic at the client, disrupting acceleration efforts.
Silver Peak optimizes Oracle traffic without any protocol tuning, tweaking, or expensive consulting. Customer testing shows that Oracle query times can be reduced by more than 80 percent and remote replication performance made 20X faster. Even encrypted traffic can be optimized. Specific challenges addressed by Silver Peak include:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication removes redundant Oracle data from the WAN. Silver Peak deduplication works with any enterprise application. The first time data is sent from the WAN, it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency enabling Oracle to operate more efficiently over distance. TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. CIFS Acceleration includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes Oracle perform more predictably across congested WANs. Lost or out-of-order packets are recovered and resequenced in real time, avoiding retransmission delays. Traffic shaping and QoS mechanisms ensure SQL receives the necessary bandwidth.
Silver Peak establishes an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) between locations, securing all data with AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest within Silver Peak instances is also encrypted with AES. Silver Peak supports SSL/TLS for end-to-end encryption.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. You can download and deploy it as a free, self-service trial in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your organization.
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Improve productivity by enabling users to utilize Oracle more effectively and with less frustration.
- Keep users happy by correcting the network problems under¬mining Oracle performance, giving users a more consistent experience.
- Replicate and synchronize Oracle databases faster over distance by eliminating redundant data from the WAN.
- Secure Oracle data in transit with SSL and Accelerated IPSec without impacting network performance.
- Lower bandwidth charges by eliminating redundant data from the WAN.
Oracle E-Business is an integrated suite of applications for the enterprise that relies on an Oracle Database as the backend and a Web frontend. Oracle E-Business may perform well within an office, but performance often deteriorates across a wide area network (WAN). This application performance brief highlights how Silver Peak improves the performance of Oracle E-Business over the WAN.
The Guarantor’s mission is to make loans more accessible, manageable and successful for students, schools and lenders. That means working with the Federal government’s Department of Education (DOE) to further the country’s education access goals, providing lenders with the resources they need to build their student loan business, serving college financial aid offices with comprehensive tools and expertise, and helping borrowers successfully apply for, manage, and repay their student loans.
The Structured Query Language (SQL) is a standard method of conveying information to and from relational databases. In many instances, these databases are centrally located, requiring SQL transactions to take place across a Wide Area Network (WAN). In addition, enterprises often replicate and/or backup databases across the WAN to ensure maximum data protection in the event of a disaster.