Don’t let distance or erratic networks interfere with Oracle ERP and Oracle E-Business. Silver Peak corrects the WAN problems that can undermine Oracle ERP performance between locations. As much as 85 percent of Oracle ERP data can be eliminated from the WAN using Silver Peak software. This means forms open faster and databases replicate in a fraction of the time. With Silver Peak, Oracle ERP can continue to power your business from the headquarter location to the most remote offices.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), such as Oracle ERP, helps organizations make better decisions, increase business performance, and reduce costs. While effective within locations, Oracle ERP struggles over distance. Queries to Oracle ERP databases take longer to fulfill. Users must wait while logging into Oracle ERP. Replicating Oracle ERP data consumes more bandwidth and may fail to complete within the company’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs).
Oracle is not the problem; the network is the issue. As delay increases whether due to distance or the routing and peering policies of a service provider, a TCP session’s throughput decreases. The effects of network congestion, namely lost and out-of-order packets, magnifies the issue. Adding more bandwidth does not address the problem and only serves to increase costs.
By compensating for network limitations, Silver Peak allows Oracle ERP to perform as well across long distances as it does across the office. Less data must be transferred between locations and the delivery of any remaining data is made far more efficient. Data lost or delivered out of order due to congestion is recovered in real-time, preventing time-consuming retransmissions. As a result, Oracle queries are fulfilled faster, logins become nearly instantaneous, and in data transfers are shortened by 85 percent and more. In fact, some customers have seen Oracle consume 95 percent less bandwidth. Specifically, Silver Peak addresses the following problems:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication and compression removes more than 85 percent of Oracle ERP data from the WAN. The first time Oracle ERP sends data it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by local Silver Peak instances.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency , enabling Oracle ERP to operate more efficiently over distance using TCP Acceleration, which includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. CIFS Acceleration includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations, makes accessing data stored on a CIFS mount faster. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes Oracle ERP performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost packets are reconstituted in real-time at the far end of a WAN link, avoiding delays that come with multiple round-trip retransmissions; out-of-order packets are resequenced, avoiding retransmission and processing delays that occur when packets arrive out-of-order.
Silver Peak protects Oracle ERP data in-flight between locations with an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) running AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest within Silver Peak instances is also encrypted with AES. End-to-end encryption is provided by SSL/TLS.
Numerous customers use Silver Peak to improve ERP and CRM applications, such as Oracle E=Business. These customers include:
- Classic Components, a major electronics distributor
- Curt G. Joa (“JOA”), a global designer and manufacturer of specialty machines
- Essential Energy Services Trust, a leading provider of oilfield services in western Canada
- Merial, a world leader in research, manufacturing and marketing of animal health pharmaceuticals and vaccines
- Miles & Stockbridge P.C., a leading law firm in the mid-Atlantic region
- NCCW, one of the largest application service providers in the Netherlands
- SMTC, a global electronics manufacturing services provider
and many more.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. You can download and deploy it as a free, self-service trial in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your organization.
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Increase user satisfaction by delivering a more predictable and consistent Oracle ERP experience.
- Protect Oracle ERP in less time over longer distances by dramatically improving Oracle replication throughput.
- Reduce costs by maximizing your existing Oracle ERP servers and eliminating unnecessary bandwidth charges from transferring extraneousdata across the WAN.
Oracle E-Business is an integrated suite of applications for the enterprise that relies on an Oracle Database as the backend and a Web frontend. Oracle E-Business may perform well within an office, but performance often deteriorates across a wide area network (WAN). This application performance brief highlights how Silver Peak improves the performance of Oracle E-Business over the WAN.
This white paper examines the requirements for optimizing SaaS and how Silver Peak's Unity WAN fabric gives IT the visibility and control that has been missing while giving users the performance they need.
Server consolidation reduces costs, but it also introduces network challenges that left unaddressed can undermine business processes. Just ask SMTC, a global electronics manufacturing services provider. The company had successfully consolidated servers into its Markham, Ontario data center, but as the company’s WAN become more congested, essential business applications – ERP, CRM, and more – became unusable.
Charleston Area Medical Center Centralizes Applications Without Suffering The Ill-Effects Of Wan PerformanceLearn how Regional Medical Center deployed Silver Peak and gained 10x improvement (average) in application performance across the WAN
Autodesk, Inc. is a world leader in 2D and 3D design and engineering software for the manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD® software in 1982, Autodesk has developed the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software applications to help customers experience their ideas digitally before they are built. Fortune 1000 companies rely on Autodesk for the tools to design, visualize and simulate their ideas to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation for competitive advantage.