Don’t let distance and network congestion interfere with your business critical operations. Let users in every office login and complete Oracle Forms quickly and efficiently. Silver Peak fixes the WAN problems that impede Oracle Forms performance over distance, shortening query response times by up to 80 percent, and making logins nearly instantaneous. With Silver Peak, Oracle Forms perform well from remote offices.
Oracle Forms is Oracle's long-established technology for designing and building enterprise applications. While effective within the office, Oracle Forms performance may degrade when operating across wide area networks (WAN). Delay, not bandwidth, is the issue. As delay increases, TCP throughput decreases. Even where distance is limited, delay can be an issue due to provider routing policies and Internet peering. Decreased throughput constrains Oracle Queries, which may retrieve large amounts of data from remote databases. Older versions of Oracle Forms also rely on Jinitiator, a JVM (Java Virtual Machine) that requires individual packet acknowledgements before continuing data transmission, making those versions of Oracle Forms particularly susceptible to delay.
Silver Peak addresses the network challenges that undermine Oracle Forms performance over distance. Protocol inefficiencies are minimized, dramatically reducing the effects of delay on application sessions. Packets are reconstructed and reordered in real-time, minimizing or eliminating the effects of network congestion. More than 85 percent of Oracle data have been eliminated from the WAN with Silver Peak deduplication. The result: query times are reduced by 80 percent while logins become instantaneous. More specifically, Silver Peak solves the following problems undermining the performance of Oracle Forms over distance:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication and compression remove extraneous Oracle Forms data from the WAN. The first time Oracle Forms sends data it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency enabling Oracle Forms to operate more efficiently over distance. TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. CIFS Acceleration includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes Oracle Forms performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost packets are reconstituted in real-time at the far end of a WAN link, avoiding delays that come with multiple round-trip retransmissions. Out-of-order packets are resequenced, avoiding retransmission and processing delays that occur when packets arrive out-of-order.
Silver Peak protects Oracle Forms data in-flight between locations with an Accelerated IPSec VPN running AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest within Silver Peak instances is also encrypted with AES. End-to-end encryption is provided by SSL/TLS.
Numerous customers use Silver Peak to improve enterprises applications, such as Oracle Forms. These customers include:
- Classic Components, a major electronics distributor
- Curt G. Joa (“JOA”), a global designer and manufacturer of specialty machines
- Essential Energy Services Trust, a leading provider of oil field services in western Canada
- Merial, a world leader in research, manufacturing and marketing of animal health pharmaceuticals and vaccines
- Miles & Stockbridge P.C., a leading law firm in the mid-Atlantic region
- NCCW, one of the largest application service providers in the Netherlands
- SMTC, a global electronics manufacturing services provider
and many more.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. You can download and deploy it as a free, self-service trial in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your organization.
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Avoid or delay expensive WAN bandwidth upgrades by eliminating morethan 85 percent of Oracle Forms traffic from the WAN.
- Shorten Oracle Forms data transfers over distance by correcting underlying networking problems and eliminating excess Oracle Forms traffic from the WAN.
- Increase productivity by giving Oracle Forms users to a faster and more consistent experience.
- Maximize Oracle Forms investments by allowing the entire enterprise to use Oracle Forms.
Oracle E-Business is an integrated suite of applications for the enterprise that relies on an Oracle Database as the backend and a Web frontend. Oracle E-Business may perform well within an office, but performance often deteriorates across a wide area network (WAN). This application performance brief highlights how Silver Peak improves the performance of Oracle E-Business over the WAN.
Charleston Area Medical Center Centralizes Applications Without Suffering The Ill-Effects Of Wan PerformanceLearn how Regional Medical Center deployed Silver Peak and gained 10x improvement (average) in application performance across the WAN
The Greenery trading company is a leading European market supplier of a full range of fresh fruit, vegetables and mushrooms and offers a package of support services including logistics services and marketing activities. Focused on international retail customers, the company is primarily active in the Benelux countries, Germany, the UK, Southern Europe, Scandinavia, Russia and Central Europe, North America and the Far East.
As associate director at Linklaters, David Bennett is responsible for the WAN and reports into the CIO as the head of (ISS) Information Systems and Strategy development. He shared a case study of the firm's recent WAN revamp with CIO.com Linklaters is one of the largest law firms in the world, operating in more than 30 locations in 23 countries, advising companies, financial institutions, and governments. The firm's 540 equity partners and 2,000 lawyers cover 18 core practice areas, including capital markets, competition and antitrust, tax, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property and technology.