Finance, sales and HR managers need fast and reliable access to Oracle PeopleSoft, but the network conditions of long-distance connections often interfere with PeopleSoft performance. Silver Peak compensates for the network limitations that may undermine PeopleSoft performance over distance. With Silver Peak, PeopleSoft users can login faster and transfer data faster from any location.
PeopleSoft applications address complex business requirements with comprehensive business and industry solutions. When PeopleSoft is deployed over distance, though, performance can be impacted by the varying conditions of the wide area network (WAN). Replication may take longer, exceeding recovery point objectives (RPOs). Trouble tickets and user-complaints may include reports of difficulty logging into remote PeopleSoft servers, scheduling resources, retrieving labor data, and tracking employee time.
Adding more bandwidth at the impacted locations typically will not address the problem. Regardless of the amount of bandwidth, the throughput of the TCP stack underlying PeopleSoft decreases as delay increases. Even when distance is nominal, delay across WANs and particularly Internet virtual private networks (VPNs) may be longer than expected due to network congestion, routing policies, peering practices and other factors.
Silver Peak compensates for the underlying network limitations that may impact PeopleSoft performance across distance. More specifically, Silver Peak addresses the following network challenges:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak reduces the amount of data PeopleSoft must transfer over distance typically by 80 percent and more using compression and byte-level deduplication. The first time PeopleSoft sends data it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency enabling PeopleSoft to operate more efficiently over distance. TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. CIFS Acceleration includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes PeopleSoft performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost packets are reconstituted in real-time at the far end of a WAN link, avoiding delays that come with multiple round-trip retransmissions. Out-of-order packets are resequenced, avoiding retransmission and processing delays that occur when packets arrive out-of-order.
Silver Peak protects PeopleSoft data in-flight between locations with an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) running AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest within Silver Peak instances is also encrypted with AES. End-to-end encryption is provided by SSL/TLS for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud.
Specific customers who have used Silver Peak to improve their CRM and ERP architectures include:
- Classic Components, a major electronics distributor
- Curt G. Joa (“JOA”), a global designer and manufacturer of specialty machines
- Essential Energy Services Trust, a leading provider of oilfield services in western Canada
- Merial, a world leader in research, manufacturing and marketing of animal health pharmaceuticals and vaccines
- Miles & Stockbridge P.C., a leading law firm in the mid-Atlantic region
- NCCW, one of the largest application service providers in the Netherlands
- SMTC, a global electronics manufacturing services provider
and many more. Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. Download and deploy it yourself in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your team.
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Increase productivity by enabling remote workforce managers to gain faster access to labor, supply chain and customer data.
- Lower PeopleSoft costs by expanding the reach of PeopleSoft applications to even remote offices.
- Hire the best talent regardless of location by enabling access to PeopleSoft information quickly and efficiently from any location.
- Lower bandwidth charges by eliminating extraneous PeopleSoft data from the WAN.
Charleston Area Medical Center Centralizes Applications Without Suffering The Ill-Effects Of Wan PerformanceThis mid-Atlantic medical center is a nonprofit, 919-bed, regional referral center with more than 4,000 employees. It is home to one of the top 10 heart programs in the United States and one of the nation’s busiest Level I Trauma Centers. Like similar environments, this medical center consists of multiple independent facilities, including urgent care sites, hospitals and administrative locations. However, from an IT perspective, these locations are managed as a single entity. This facilitates information sharing and enables IT resources to meet the medical center’s stringent demands.
Autodesk, Inc. is a world leader in 2D and 3D design and engineering software for the manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD® software in 1982, Autodesk has developed the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software applications to help customers experience their ideas digitally before they are built. Fortune 1000 companies rely on Autodesk for the tools to design, visualize and simulate their ideas to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation for competitive advantage.
The Greenery trading company is a leading European market supplier of a full range of fresh fruit, vegetables and mushrooms and offers a package of support services including logistics services and marketing activities. Focused on international retail customers, the company is primarily active in the Benelux countries, Germany, the UK, Southern Europe, Scandinavia, Russia and Central Europe, North America and the Far East.
Users in branch offices and remote offices have traditionally had a difficult time accessing files stored in remote data centers. The Windows file system relies on CIFS/SMB a chatty protocol that performs poorly over the WAN. Silver Peak corrects CIFS chattiness, accelerating the transfer of data to the branch office or remote office. This document explains how Silver Peak enable centrally managed file services to dramatically improve branch office and remote office productivity.