Deliver a more consistent, more predictable Salesforce.com experience to users anywhere in the world. Silver Peak overcomes Internet "weather" conditions that may disrupt Salesforce performance. Users can continue to depend on Salesforce.com regardless of their location when IT deploys Silver Peak.
Salesforce is a popular tool for customer resource management (CRM) and collaboration. While Salesforce may perform well for users in one location, the dynamic nature of the Internet may interfere with Salesforce performance in other locations or at other times.
Silver Peak Unity allows IT to address the problems of delivering consistent, responsive Salesforce access for users from anywhere. Unity is an intelligent wide-area-network (WAN) fabric that overlays and unifies Internet VPNs and private services. Unity finds the best route to applications in the cloud, as well as on private networks. It does this using sophisticated cloud intelligence and WAN routing technology, which correlates information about SaaS applications and Internet weather, and then sends traffic over the shortest or least-congested path.
The result: a dramatically improved Salesforce experience. During testing, for example, the time required to retrieve files from Salesforce declined by more than 20x, decreasing from two minutes to two seconds. Silver Peak also reduced the amount of data transferred across the Internet by more than 90 percent. Unity applies the following techniques to improve Salesforce performance
- Advanced WAN Routing: Advanced Exterior Routing identifies the closest egress to cloud data centers and directs traffic to a cloud service over an optimal path, while Advanced Interior Routing dynamically selects the fastest, least-congested, or most available path for traffic by monitoring packet loss, latency, and bandwidth in real-time.
- Cloud Intelligence: This new subscription service delivers information about cloud services to Silver Peak software instances.
- Data Reduction: WAN compression and deduplication inspects all traffic in real-time, eliminating repetitive transmission of duplicate data.
- Path Conditioning: Adaptive Forward Error Correction reconstitutes dropped packets in real-time while Packet Order Correction re-sequences packets that may traverse multiple paths across the network.
- Traffic Shaping: Applications are classified to prioritize critical traffic classes while constraining recreational or personal-use traffic classes.
- Global Visibility: Web-based GMS provides centralized orchestration of WAN deployments, advanced application classification, and detailed performance metrics.
Silver Peak protects Salesforce data in-flight between locations with Accelerated Encryption - a high performance, virtual private network (VPN) between locations that securing all data with AES-256 without degrading optimization performance or scalability.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. You can download and deploy it as a free, self-service trial in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your organization.
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
- Shorten downloads and improve the quality of experience for Salesforce.
- Optimize Salesforce and every other SaaS application. Silver Peak supports 20 applications with more added daily.
- Affordable for every enterprise, regardless of the number of users or SaaS applications. One low price provides optimization for all SaaS applications and users.
- Easy to acquire, easier to deploy by downloading a Silver Peak instance running VXOA 7.1 or later in minutes from the Silver Peak virtual marketplace. Enabling Salesforce optimization takes seconds.
- Keep Salesforce data under your complete control, never risk data theft or disclosure by storing sensitive data in a third-party infrastructure.
This white paper examines the requirements for optimizing SaaS and how Silver Peak's Unity WAN fabric gives IT the visibility and control that has been missing while giving users the performance they need.
Infographic depicts the Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric, which unifies the enterprise WAN, the Internet, and the Cloud.