SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 23, 2013 – WAN optimization customers are increasingly aware of the advantages of software, but many feel locked into the vendor-imposed hardware refresh cycle. Silver Peak is offering Riverbed Steelhead hardware customers a more cost-effective option by switching to Silver Peak WAN optimization software. 10 reasons for switching to Silver Peak are highlighted in today’s blog post and infographic:
10 Reasons to Switch from Riverbed Hardware to Silver Peak Software
“Riverbed has defined itself as a hardware company and they bank on customer refresh dollars to keep generating revenue,” said Rick Tinsley, CEO of Silver Peak. “For the cost of Riverbed maintenance alone, Riverbed customers can own an equivalent Silver Peak software product with more features and higher performance. And with Silver Peak WAN optimization software, you never need to face a forced hardware refresh again.”
The 10 reasons to switch to Silver Peak software are:
- You could be part of the $250 million installed-base of Riverbed Steelhead xx20 products up for refresh early next year.
- The life of the average Riverbed Steelhead hardware is three years, so increased cost is right around the corner.
- Riverbed customers can save up to 86% by switching to Silver Peak software.
- For example, Riverbed Steelhead EXA-560 costs $11,591 while Silver Peak VX software costs $1,675/yr.
- Silver Peak software is 10x faster than Riverbed’s Virtual Steelhead.
- Silver Peak software delivers more than two gigabits-per-second (Gbps) of optimized throughput.
- Silver Peak software supports all four major hypervisors from VMware, Microsoft, Citrix and KVM.
- Silver Peak offers a comprehensive portfolio of 12 virtual software products available for immediate download.
- All Silver Peak software downloads come with a 30-day free trial with full support.
- Virtual WAN optimization software is the fastest growing segment of the WAN optimization market. According to the Dell’Oro Group, the virtual WAN optimization market will grow by 100% in 2013.
Download a free trial of Silver Peak software today at http://marketplace.silver-peak.com.
- Join the conversation on Twitter: #switchtosilverpeak
- Follow us on Twitter: @SilverPeak
About Silver Peak Systems
Silver Peak software accelerates data between data centers, branch offices and the cloud. The company’s software-defined acceleration solves network quality, capacity and distance challenges to provide fast and reliable access to data anywhere in the world. Leveraging its leadership in data center class wide area network (WAN) optimization, Silver Peak is a key enabler for strategic IT projects like virtualization, disaster recovery and cloud computing. Download Silver Peak software today at http://marketplace.silver-peak.com.