Santa Clara, Calif., August 10, 2010 – Silver Peak Systems , the leader in data center class Wide Area Network (WAN) optimization, today announced the availability of new hardware variants of the NX-8000 and NX-9000 appliances that maximize WAN optimization performance while minimizing the environmental costs associated with data center deployment. With the latest variants of Silver Peak’s award winning NX appliances, the company has created a new standard for data center class WAN optimization, which is a key enabler for disaster recovery, data center consolidation, data migration, server centralization, virtual desktops, and other key IT initiatives.
NX appliances are standalone WAN optimization devices that lead the industry in scalability and performance, from small remote offices (served by the NX-1000) to the most demanding data centers (served by the largest WAN optimization appliances on the market, the NX-8000 and NX-9000.) The NX-8000 and NX-9000 were the first OC-12 and Gbps WAN optimization appliances on the market respectively, and continue to lead the industry in LAN capacity, WAN capacity, and simultaneous user sessions (up to 256,000 per device). Additional new hardware features include:
- Solid State Drives (SSDs). Silver Peak is the first vendor to incorporate Single Level Cell (SLC) SSDs into WAN optimization appliances. These true enterprise-class SSDs introduce a third tier of memory to Silver Peak’s patented Network Memory™ deduplication technology. By uniquely leveraging three tiers of memory (SSDs, disks, and RAM), Silver Peak’s NX appliances deliver the industry’s highest throughput with the lowest insertion latency.
- Smaller, More Economical Footprint. The NX-8000 and NX-9000 both come in a new 2U form factor that minimizes rack space, cooling, and power within data centers.
- Fiber Interfaces . All of Silver Peak’s data center appliances now support 10 Gbps fiber interfaces (in addition to copper). This gives enterprises complete flexibility in how they deploy WAN optimization within the data center.
“Silver Peak is committed to delivering our industry-leading performance on the most reliable hardware platforms as well as offering our VX appliances that run on any virtualized server,” said Damon Ennis, vice president of product management at Silver Peak. “As the leader in data center class WAN optimization, Silver Peak will continue to raise the bar on performance and capacity, meeting the stringent expectations of our enterprise customers and complementing the solutions provided by our data center infrastructure partners, which include EMC, HDS, Dell, Brocade, VMware and other market leaders.”
The Leader in Data Center Class WAN Optimization
Silver Peak’s WAN Optimization solution enhances all IP traffic by overcoming common WAN challenges that adversely impact application performance and reliability. Silver Peak achieves this using the following real-time network optimization techniques:
- Network Acceleration to overcome WAN latency
- Network Integrity to correct packet delivery issues, avoid congestion, and intelligently allocate WAN resources
- Network Memory™ to maximize WAN bandwidth utilization
Silver Peak’s award winning NX and VX appliances scale from Mbps to Gbps of WAN capacity and are designed to optimize all IP traffic, regardless of transport protocol and application software version. By delivering the highest capacity appliances that benefit the widest range of applications, Silver Peak is the most cost effective WAN optimization solution for large enterprise networks
About Silver Peak Systems, Inc.
Silver Peak develops data center class network appliances that maximize WAN performance while minimizing WAN costs. The company’s unique network approach to WAN optimization delivers unprecedented scalability and flexibility, enabling enterprises to rapidly move large amounts of data across long distances. Silver Peak’s WAN optimization solution is a strategic enabler for large IT initiatives, including data center consolidation, data migration, disaster recovery, server centralization, and global application / desktop virtualization.
For more information, visit http://www.silver-peak.com/infocenter