SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 26, 2012 — Silver Peak Systems , the leader in data center class wide area network (WAN) optimization, today announced it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers 1 .
“Gartner positions Silver Peak as a leader when the demand and requirements for delivering and deploying WAN optimization are at an all-time high,” said Rick Tinsley, president and CEO of Silver Peak. “Silver Peak is executing on a global scale with powerful and innovative products, highly-motivated channels, and new and repeat customers who continue to select Silver Peak over the competition. We believe our placement in the Leaders Quadrant confirms that Silver Peak is the innovator in WAN optimization with the most comprehensive and flexible options for deploying high capacity WAN optimization anywhere and on any platform.”
Silver Peak’s leadership position in the Magic Quadrant follows a banner year of milestones:
- Wall Street Journal —Silver Peak named to the Wall Street Journal Next Big Thing list for the second consecutive year.
- Awarded Best Value in WANop —Silver Peak distinguished for “Best Value” in Info-Tech Research Group’s WAN optimization vendor landscape.
- Virtual Acceleration Open Architecture (VXOA) —VXOA introduced to provide software and flexible pricing that allows WAN optimization to be deployed more conveniently than ever.
- Data Center Class Virtual WANop (VRX) —Highest-capacity virtual WAN optimization appliance expanded to support all common hypervisors and 256,000 simultaneous sessions.
- Free Virtual WANop (VX-X) —Introduced the industry’s first and only free fully-functional virtual WAN optimization appliance for optimizing site-to-site applications.
- First Multi-Gigabit WANop (NX-10K) —Introduced highest-capacity WAN optimization appliance with 10 Gbps interfaces, 2.5 Gbps WAN throughput, and 256,000 simultaneous sessions.
- Integration with EMC® VPLEX® Geo —Silver Peak and EMC extend performance and cost savings for private clouds across geographically distributed data centers.
- Avaya Secure Router 4134 —Virtual WAN optimization available on Avaya Secure Router 4134 to reduce branch office costs and improve application performance to remote users.
- HP Networking Solutions —Virtual WAN optimization introduced on HP switches to simplify and reduce costs when optimizing branch WAN connections.
- Leading Data Center Partnerships —Expanded partnerships with Avaya, Brocade, Dell, EMC, Hitachi Data Systems (HDS), HP, NetApp, VMware, and other leading companies.
1 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers” by Severine Real, Joe Skorupa, [XX January 2012].
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Silver Peak Systems, Inc.
Silver Peak is the leader in data center class WAN optimization appliances that maximize WAN performance while minimizing WAN costs. The company’s Virtual Acceleration Open Architecture (VXOA) delivers unprecedented scalability and flexibility, enabling rapid deployment of WAN optimization on any platform, any hypervisor, anywhere within an enterprise. Silver Peak’s WAN optimization solutions are strategic enablers for large IT initiatives, including data center consolidation, data migration, cloud computing, disaster recovery, server centralization, and hosted virtual desktops (VDI). For more information, visit the Silver Peak InfoCenter or follow Silver Peak on Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the WAN Speak Blog .