ONUG Fall 2015, New York, Nov. 3, 2015 - Silver Peak, the leader in building broadband and hybrid wide area networks (WANs), today announced it will conduct a six-vendor interoperability demonstration showcasing the power and flexibility of the Silver Peak Unity EdgeConnect SD-WAN solution. This will be done as part of the first-ever ONUG SD-WAN Proof of Concept (PoC) Demonstration at ONUG Fall 2015, which takes place on November 3-5, 2015 at New York University.
Silver Peak’s ONUG demonstration showcases a real-world SD-WAN deployment scenario that includes the use of popular infrastructure, security and cloud solutions from Nutanix, Infoblox, Zscaler, Pluribus, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). With these added options for building an SD-WAN, Silver Peak is capable of creating the most agile broadband WAN that also powers industry-leading performance improvements to any form of connectivity.
The Silver Peak SD-WAN interoperability demonstration includes the following:
- Nutanix - delivers invisible infrastructure for next-generation enterprise computing by integrating storage, compute and virtualization into a turnkey hyperconverged solution. The combination of Nutanix and Silver Peak EdgeConnect virtual appliances provides customers even faster ROI, greater flexibility and simplified SD-WAN deployments across data centers, regional hubs, and branch offices.
- Infoblox - provides integrated and centrally-managed DNS, DHCP, and IP address management (DDI). The Infoblox DDI solution helps to reduce the amount of time it takes to deploy network services to remote sites. Silver Peak Unity EdgeConnect DHCP and DNS forwarding supports centralized Infoblox deployments (in either a data center or regional hub) enabling centralized, scalable management of DDI services and is transparent to end-users and applications.
- Zscaler – enables users to access the Internet securely by scanning all incoming and outgoing traffic between the EdgeConnect appliances and the Internet to identify and block potential threats and to protect intellectual property.
- Pluribus – delivers Netvisor, a bare-metal, distributed network hypervisor operating system that converges compute, network, and storage. Silver Peak’s virtualized EdgeConnect, deployed on Netvisor, offers native integration of WAN and DC network virtualization, allowing administrators to flexibly define and manage network flows in a multitenant environment that provides always-on network analytics, deep packet inspection and logging.
- Amazon Web Services – enables customers to extend a Silver Peak SD-WAN footprint into the cloud and extend the SD-WAN fabric into new geographies where an organizations physical site may not exist.
At ONUG Fall 2015, 16 vendors are being highlighted as they conduct PoC demonstrations as a part of the Virtual Networks/Overlays and SD-WAN working groups, which completed product feature verification testing earlier this year. The focus of these demonstrations is to showcase the working group use case top requirements, functionality, integration, and operability as vendor companies collaborate to address market needs.
“We are excited to show how we have taken our Unity EdgeConnect solution to the next level by enabling customers to build a broadband WAN that interoperates with industry-leading networking, infrastructure, and Internet security technologies,” said Damon Ennis, senior vice president of products for Silver Peak. “By enabling interoperability with Nutanix, Infoblox, Zscaler, Pluribus, and AWS, customers benefit by having more options to quickly connect, secure and scale their branch offices.”
With Silver Peak Unity EdgeConnect, customers benefit from significant:
- Flexibility - Customers can rapidly and non-disruptively augment or replace their MPLS networks with any form of broadband connectivity.
- Visibility & Control - Customers benefit from unprecedented levels of visibility into both legacy and cloud applications and gain the unique ability to centrally assign business intent policies to secure and control all WAN traffic.
- Performance - End-user satisfaction is significantly improved due to consistent and significantly enhanced application performance.
- Savings - Silver Peak can dramatically lower connectivity, equipment and network administration costs by up to 90% by enabling customers to leverage lower-cost Internet bandwidth.
About Silver Peak
Silver Peak is the leader in building broadband and hybrid WANs. Silver Peak enables enterprises and service providers to flexibly and securely connect users to applications via the most cost-effective WAN connectivity available. With Silver Peak’s solutions, customers can augment or replace MPLS networks with secure broadband connectivity, leveraging existing WAN investments while dramatically reducing ever-increasing WAN costs and complexity. Customers benefit from unprecedented levels of visibility, control and security over all traffic traversing the WAN, while improving application and network performance. With Silver Peak, sites can be rapidly and non-disruptively expanded, moved or changed as business demands evolve. Learn more at www.silver-peak.com.