Santa Clara, Calif., May 14 , 2007 – Silver Peak Systems , a leading provider of scalable Wide Area Network (WAN) appliances, announced today that Silver Peak’s NX-8504 has been named a finalist for Best of Interop Las Vegas 2007 in the “Application Networks and Performance” category. The NX-8504, which leads the industry in terms of WAN throughput and performance, was chosen by CMP Technology’s Network Computing Magazine for the positive impact it has on data replication, backup and other key business applications that require the transfer of large volumes of data across the WAN.
Nearly 200 entries across seven categories were reviewed by the judges, award-winning editors from CMP Technology’s Network Computing, who selected the products they believe have the greatest potential to impact and advance technology and business efficiencies. The final winner in each category will be chosen at the Interop tradeshow, which will take place May 20-25 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
“Year after year, the Best of Interop Awards makes a significant contribution to Interop’s goal of driving the adoption of technology by presenting the latest advancements in business technology,” said Lenny Heymann, Interop General Manager. “We congratulate Silver Peak Systems on their nomination as a finalist in the 2007 Best of Interop awards and thank them for their ongoing contributions to the industry.”
The NX-8504 delivers a full set of WAN optimization functions in a single appliance, including disk based data reduction, compression, Quality of Service (QoS), TCP acceleration and loss mitigation. It delivers the industry’s best performance on large WAN links, eliminating over 95 percent of WAN traffic and improving data transfer times by 10-20 times on average. Additional scalability advantages of the Silver Peak NX-8504 include:
- Highest Throughput : The NX-8504 supports all of Silver Peak’s advanced WAN acceleration techniques at WAN speeds of 500 Mbps, with support for 800Mbps when only optimizing for network latency. The NX-8504 delivers two to 10 times the WAN capacity of competitive offerings.
- Industry Leading Flow Capacity : The NX-8504 supports 256,000 simultaneous TCP flows. As a result, more offices can be connected to a single data center appliance and more simultaneous traffic can flow between large data center links.
- Secure Acceleration : The NX-8504 is built upon Silver Peak’s Secure Content Architecture™. This ensures that data is always secure – at rest and across the WAN – and that advanced policies can be easily configured and enforced with no impact on performance or scalability.
- Accelerates all Application Types : Silver Peak’s entire array of WAN acceleration techniques can be applied to all enterprise applications, regardless of transport protocols or latency requirements. Other vendors rely exclusively on QoS as a way of supporting non-TCP and real-time traffic, limiting their overall effectiveness with Citrix, VoIP, video streaming and other applications.
Setting the Trend
IIn the last year, Silver Peak has been recognized by more than 10 industry outlets in both the storage and networking spaces, making it the most distinguished private company in the WAN acceleration space. Specific distinctions include:
- Silver Peak named “2006 Top 10 Startup to Watch” by Network World magazine
- Silver Peak Selected as a top private company in the Always-On AO100 award
- Byte and Switch declared Silver Peak a “Top 10 Company to Watch” in the storage space
- Storage magazine and searchstorage.com shortlisted Silver Peak’s NX appliances as “Storage Product of the Year”
- Silver Peak won Techworld’s “Acceleration Product of the Year”
- Computing Magazine selected Silver Peak as a finalist for “Networking and Communications Supplier of the Year”
- Silver Peak NX appliances earned the Editor’s Choice award in IT Week magazine
- Silver Peak won the Red Herring 100 Spring 2007 award
About Silver Peak Systems, Inc.
Silver Peak improves backup, replication and recovery between data centers and facilitates branch office server and storage centralization by improving application performance across the Wide Area Network (WAN). The company’s award winning NX appliances deliver exceptional performance improvements with unprecedented security and scalability across all enterprise applications, including data replication, backup, file transfers, email, web and real-time applications such as Citrix and VoIP. For more information, visit http://www.silver-peak.com/infocenter
Silver Peak Systems, the Silver Peak logo, Network Memory and Silver Peak NX Series are trademarks of Silver Peak Systems, Inc.