Whether backing up data to the cloud or accessing centrally hosted applications and services, Silver Peak makes Amazon Web Services (AWS) fast and affordable. Silver Peak software uses real-time optimization techniques to maximize available bandwidth and accelerate data mobility over the WAN, ensuring your AWS deployment performs like a private cloud.
Silver Peak EdgeConnect or VX software instances deployed in AWS can be used to build the Silver Peak Unity intelligent WAN fabric, which unifies the enterprise WAN with the Internet and public cloud. Unity gives IT the ability to monitor and control connectivity to the cloud while ensuring consistent performance for every enterprise application and SaaS. Adding Silver Peak in AWS can bring the enterprise to the doorstep of SaaS applications.
Silver Peak EdgeConnect and VX for AWS provides:
As AWS services are priced by the GB (click here for rates), Silver Peak saves you thousands of dollars every month in AWS expenses by eliminating over 50% of cloud traffic.
Is your closest AWS location hundreds (or thousands) of miles away? Don't worry - with Silver Peak it feels like next door. And with 20x more average throughput, supporting up to 1Gbps and 256,000 flows, you can migrate data to the cloud quicker than ever: large data transfers that used to take days can be reduced to a few hours. Do you need to monitor and control connectivity to the cloud while optimizing SaaS performance? Deploy a Silver Peak instance in AWS as part of the Unity intelligent WAN fabric.
Deploy Silver Peak Cloud Acceleration easily and quickly using AWS Marketplace 1-Click fulfillment.
With Silver Peak's flexible licensing program, you can accelerate on your terms. Deploy cloud acceleration for as little as an hour or a year through the AWS marketplace. Additionally, annual and perpetual Bring Your Own License (BYOL) options are available from the Silver Peak Marketplace. Whatever your cloud application, Silver Peak has the acceleration solution for you.
EdgeConnect Performance Specifications and Host System Requirements >>
Silver Peak VX Performance
- 4 Mbps
128,000 flows 128k flows (200 Mbps)
128,000 flows 128k flows (100 Mbps)
64,000 flows 64k flows (50 Mbps)
64,000 flows 64k flows(50 Mbps)
64,000 flows 64k flows (10 Mbps)
8,000 flows 8k flows (4 Mbps)
*Silver Peak VX for AWS hourly or annual licensing can be purchased from the AWS marketplace.
- Flexible Licensing. Available from AWS marketplace with hourly or annual pricing. You can also purchase an annual or perpetual license from the Silver Peak marketplace.
- Supports full suite of WAN and SaaS optimization features. Overcome the constraints of today's Internet for maximum performance.
- Deployable at any time. No need to wait for product delivery or for someone to return your call. Just purchase from the Amazon AWS Marketplace with 1-Click fulfillment, and download the software.
- Set it and forget it. Works on all applications without special configuration or software.
- Cost effective. Leverage the cost savings associated with virtualization.
- Future proofed. Optimize any application, regardless of version or transport protocol.
- Lower cloud usage costs. With AWS priced by the GB (click here for rates), Silver Peak saves you thousands of dollars every month by eliminating over 50% of WAN traffic.
- Extend distances to cloud. Is your closest AWS location hundreds (or thousands) of miles away? Don’t worry - with Silver Peak it feels like next door.
- SaaS Optimization. Use EdgeConnect or VX software in AWS to build a Silver Peak Unity fabric and optimize SaaS applications.
- Silver Peak helps you migrate data to the cloud quicker than ever. With 20x more average throughput, that means the largest data transfers take hours instead of days.
Using an Annual or Hourly license from AWS marketplace:
- Step 1: Select 10Mbps (VX-2000), 50Mbps (VX-5000), or 200Mbps (VX-7000) from AWS Marketplace.
- Step 2: Launch with EC2 console by following the video tutorial or Quick Start Guide.
- Step 3: Connect Silver Peak EC or VX for AWS with an on-premises EC/VX/VRX or download one from the Silver Peak Marketplace.
Using the 30-day FREE Trial License
- Step 1: Receive a 30-day free trial license from Silver Peak.
- Step 2: Select Silver Peak VX from AWS Marketplace or select Silver Peak EdgeConnect from AWS Marketplace.
- Step 3: Launch with EC2 console by following the video tutorial or Quick Start Guide.
- Step 4: Connect Silver Peak EC or VX for AWS with an on-premises EC/VX/VRX or download one from Silver Peak Marketplace
An overview of Silver Peak's solution for accelerating Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The potential for cost savings with AWS coupled with its scalability and resiliency makes the platform well suited for data centers network-intensive cloud initiatives, such as application hosting, cloud on-boarding, big data, and data replication.
Infrastructure-as-a-Service within the enterprise is expected to grow at a rate of 37.3% through 2017. Gartner supplements this with an additional key data point: infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) is the fastest-growing segment of the infrastructure service domain.
Silver Peak Virtual Acceleration Open Architecture and virtual WAN optimization enables and optimizes cloud deployments.
Law firm Thomson Snell & Passmore is using Silver Peak WAN acceleration to support a migration from Windows XP, Office 2003 and Exchange 2003 IT infrastructure to a new cloud-based service running the latest Microsoft software. The 200-year-old law firm previously ran a legacy Windows and Exchange environment to support 188 staff across two UK offices. To modernise its IT, Thomson Snell & Passmore has implemented a cloud-based IT infrastructure using Citrix, run from a 2e2 datacentre in Reading.
NCCW is one of the largest application service providers in the Netherlands. The company builds, maintains and hosts applications that enable building societies to efficiently rent and manage a house. NCCW represents more than 10,000 managed properties, and more than half of all building societies within the Netherlands rely on NCCW for their core business process management (BPM), software-as-a-service (SAAS), infrastructure-as-a-service (IAAS), and enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications.
C2C, a Globecomm company, is specialized in Satellite communication solutions, and owns and operates a Teleport in Biddinghuizen, The Netherlands. C2C serves customers globally, connecting them worldwide via turnkey satellite solutions. C2C ensures that no matter how remote the location, companies have excellent quality of data, voice and internet connectivity. Customers contract with C2C because individual attention is given to each and every service C2C runs on a 24/7/365 basis. C2C’s customer base include companies in the oil, gas and mining industry, shipping companies, blue chip corporations, telecommunication solution providers, government organizations and telecom operators.