Unity OrchestratorTM is the brains of the Silver Peak Unity EdgeConnectTM SD-WAN edge platform empowering enterprises with the unique ability to centrally assign business intent policies to secure and control applications across the WAN. An intuitive user interface provides unprecedented levels of visibility into both data center and cloud-hosted applications and complete observability and management of the entire wide-area network from a single pane of glass.
Key Features of the Orchestrator
- Single Screen Administration: Enables rapid and consistent implementation of network-wide business intent policies to ensure the network conforms to the needs of the business; it eliminates manual, repetitive and error-prone programming, enabling centralized administration and configuration to securely and directly connect remote and branch office users to applications, wherever they reside.
- Centralized Orchestration and Policy Automation: Empowers network administrators to centrally define and orchestrate application priority, QoS and granular security policies and create secure end-to-end zones across any combination of users, application groups and virtual overlays, pushing consistent configurations to sites in accordance with business intent; it offers seamless drag and drop service chaining to industry-leading third-party security solutions from providers like Check Point, Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, Symantec, Zscaler, McAfee, Forcepoint and OPAQ Networks utilizing private secure encrypted IPSec tunnels (Figure 1).
- Granular Real-Time Monitoring and Historical Reporting: Provides specific details into application, location, and network statistics, including continuous performance monitoring of loss, latency, and packet ordering for all network paths; identifies all web and native application traffic by name and location, and alarms and alerts allow for faster resolution of network issues.
- Live View: Monitors real-time throughput, loss, latency and jitter across business intent overlays and the underlying transport services to proactively identify potential performance impacts.
- Bandwidth Cost Savings Reports: Documents the cost savings for moving to broadband connectivity.
Main Benefits of the Orchestrator
Orchestrator delivers real business value with the following benefits:
- SD-WAN Deployments Done Faster: Orchestrator enables secure zero-touch provisioning of EdgeConnect appliances in the branch, data center and the cloud. Orchestrator automates the assignment of business intent policies to ensure faster and easier connectivity across 100s or 1000s of sites, eliminating the configuration drift that can come from manually updating rules and access control lists (ACLs) on a site-by-site basis.
- Visibility and Control: Customers benefit from unprecedented levels of visibility into both data center and cloud applications. Centralized, adaptive orchestration enables self-learning and automated SD-WAN control to ensure continuous alignment with business intent.
- Highest Security with Centralized Orchestration and Policy Automation: Empowers network administrators to centrally define and orchestrate granular policies and create secure end-to-end zones across any combination of users, application groups and virtual overlays, pushing configurations to sites in accordance with business intent (Figure 2). It delivers the highest quality of experience for IT by ensuring consistent configuration and continuous control to ensure ongoing alignment with business intent.
- Highest Quality of Experience with Sophisticated Management and Reporting: Centralized Orchestration enables faster troubleshooting, minimizes human error and simplifies policy change implementation so IT is more responsive to the business. Orchestrator provides complete observability of your entire wide-area network from a single pane of glass (Figure 3), with specific details into SD-WAN health and performance, including:
- Appliance dashboard displays a centralized summary view of appliances connected to the network, top talkers, applications, topology map and more
- Health map provides a high-level view of EdgeConnect appliance status and network health based on configured thresholds for packet loss, latency and jitter
- Monitoring and reporting tools to generate and schedule multiple customized reports to track a variety of performance metrics; reports may be scheduled on a regular basis and automatically sent to specific individuals or departments
Unity Orchestrator global management software offers customers the unique ability to centrally assign business intent policies to secure and control all Silver Peak Unity EdgeConnect software-defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) traffic. An intuitive user interface provides unprecedented levels of visibility into both data center and cloud-based applications.
As cloud-based application adoption continues to accelerate, geographically distributed enterprises increasingly view the wide area network (WAN) as critical to connecting users to applications.
This data sheet highlights the capabilities of Unity Boost, an optional performance pack for Unity EdgeConnect deployments.
How quick can you deploy an SD-WAN? With Silver Peak Unity EdgeConnect, you can connect a branch to broadband, MPLS or a combination of the two in minutes.