Silver Peak Unity Orchestrator Global Enterprise is a secure, cloud-hosted SaaS application that enables enterprises to centrally manage and monitor multiple Unity EdgeConnect SD-WAN fabrics
Accelerate business agility with isolated, individually managed SD-WANs
Lower the cost of new deployments with Orchestration-as-a-Service
Reduce IT administration cost and overhead with the global orchestration of SD-WANs
Accelerate secure SD-WAN infrastructure growth with a cloud-scale architecture
Increase IT productivity and customer satisfaction with centralized visibility and management of SD-WANs
Unity Orchestrator Global EnterpriseTM provides centralized management and an aggregated view of multiple independent Unity EdgeConnectTM SD-WAN fabrics. An intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) provides unprecedented levels of aggregated visibil- ity, control and management across large enterprises with thousands of sites, operating multiple SD-WAN fabrics. Each SD-WAN fabric is a deployment of the EdgeConnect SD-WAN edge platform, managed by a secure, dedicated Unity Orchestrator instance — or tenant Orchestrator.
Large global enterprises with multiple business units (BU) or subsidiaries are able to span multiple regions (administrative domains) where there is a requirement to support different regional QoS or security policies. Each individual SD-WAN fabric can be centrally configured and managed in alignment with business requirements, while also enabling each fabric to be managed independently via its own Unity Orchestrator instance.
Additionally, managed service providers (MSPs) benefit when managing multiple enterprise-owned SD-WAN deployments by having a single console from which to access all underlying Orchestrator tenant instances.
- Single sign-on view to multiple SD-WAN fabrics: Enables the global management of networks that span different administrative domains, including single-click logging into each individual Orchestrator tenant
- Secure Orchestration-as-a-Service: Leverages segregated customer databases, high-level resiliency with automated recovery from host or zone failures, multi-factor authentication and role-based user access, all in a secure cloud-hosted environment
- Centralized alarm view across multiple SD-WANs: Enables alarm monitoring with an aggregated view of alarms for all SD-WAN fabrics; a single-click provides alarm details for a specific tenant SD-WAN fabric by automatically logging into its tenant Orchestrator instance
- Individual EdgeConnect SD-WAN software versioning, maintenance and upgradeability: Allows the enterprise or MSP to operate and manage multiple SD-WAN fabrics each running unique software releases aligned to the requirements of an individual business unit, subsidiary, region or tenant customer
- Granular role-based access control (RBAC) for administrators and end customers: Grants singular privilege levels for different authorized users to each SD-WAN fabric — read only or read/write permissions
Global Manageability of Large-scale SD-WAN Deployments
Orchestrator Global Enterprise provides single-pane-of-glass management for multiple SD-WAN fabrics. It simplifies lifecycle operations such as software upgrades, maintenance and automates configuration back-up and restoration. For MSPs managing enterprise-owned SD-WAN deployments, Orchestrator Global Enterprise ensures flexibility in tailoring deployments to individual customer requirements. It securely isolates each tenant SD-WAN configuration, alerts, alarms and statistics data to assure robust security.
New Orchestrator tenants can be rapidly instantiated in the cloud to administer new SD-WAN fabrics. Once the new tenant is provisioned, it will automatically become part of the centrally administered multi-tenant pool of the Orchestrator Global Enterprise. The automated scalability involved in this process accelerates new deployments and reduces manual intervention, allowing enterprises to scale with greater ease, efficiency and effectiveness.
Silver Peak cloud-hosted Orchestrator Global Enterprise is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) application that provides enterprises and service providers with a highly reliable, zero-CAPEX deployment model that eliminates the complexity of managing an on-premise virtual compute and storage infrastructure. Orchestrator Global Enterprise offers the following advanced capabilities:
- Rapid deployments with controlled instantiation of new Orchestrator instances associated with unique SD-WAN fabrics
- Full lifecycle management of individual tenant SD-WAN fabrics including creation, start/stop, upgrade and deactivation
- Orchestrator tenant isolation enabling tenants to run independently from each other with secure, fully isolated databases, unique software releases per fabric which may be upgraded on any schedule, any time
- Global scalability utilizing the latest cloud scaleout technologies, providing virtually unlimited scalability as the number of tenants expands; enables customers to easily scale from 1000s of nodes to 10s of 1000s of nodes seamlessly
- Secure, single sign-on and role-based access control per Orchestrator instance, providing secure access per tenant SD-WAN fabric (Figure 2)
Centralized Real-Time Monitoring of SD-WAN Fabrics
Orchestrator Global Enterprise provides specific granular visibility into each SD-WAN fabric (Figure 3), including:
- Tenant Summary Dashboard: Displays the name of each tenant SD-WAN fabric (with click-through access to each tenant Orchestrator), license types, total number of appliances, appliance versions, software version, status and action to stop/acti- vate as well as alarms and alerts
- License Reports: Include the number of license types, licenses used/available and license expiration dates for each tenant SD-WAN fabric
Each Orchestrator tenant provides specific detail into application and WAN performance for each tenant SD-WAN fabric (Figure 4), including:
- Appliance Dashboard: Displays a centralized summary of EdgeConnect appliances connected to the network, top talkers, applications, topology map, etc.
- Live View: Monitors real-time throughput, loss, latency and jitter across business intent overlays and the underlying WAN transport services to proactively identify potential performance impacts
- Health Map: Provides a high-level view of EdgeConnect appliance status and network health based on configured thresholds for packet loss, latency and jitter
- Granular Real-time Monitoring and Historical Reporting: Provides specific details into application, location, and network statistics, including continuous performance monitoring of loss, latency, and packet ordering for all network paths; identifies all web and native application traffic by name and location, and alarms and alerts allow for faster resolution of network issues
- Cloud Control: Provides an accurate picture of how SaaS and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) are being used within the organization with identification and reporting of cloud and data center hosted apps, tracking of SaaS provider network traffic, etc.
Each Orchestrator tenant can be accessed using a direct URL or from the Orchestrator Global Enterprise console, but only by authorized users within the RBAC framework.
Orchestration of 1000s of SD-WAN Appliances per SD-WAN Fabric
Each Orchestrator tenant supports centralized orchestration of all functions from a single pane-of-glass for its — and only its — associated SD-WAN fabric. The Silver Peak business-first networking model is powered by centralized SD-WAN orchestration that:
- Delivers sophisticated management and reporting, enabling rapid and consistent implementation of network-wide business intent policies
- Makes changes easier, minimizes human errors and enables faster troubleshooting so that IT is more responsive to the business
- Enables self-learning and continuous control to ensure ongoing alignment with business intent
- Provides complete observability of the entire wide-area network from a single pane of glass
For further information on the Orchestrator features and real-time health monitoring and historical reporting, refer to the Unity Orchestrator data sheet.
Delivering Business Value and Service Differentiation
Orchestrator Global Enterprise enables large enterprises to centrally configure and manage SD-WAN fabrics in alignment to the business requirements. Similarly, it helps MSPs manage multiple global enterprise-owned SD-WAN
Orchestrator Global Enterprise provides unprecedented levels of operational efficiency by minimizing order-to-deployment touch points with an intuitive GUI and centralized SD-WAN configuration. It provides granular visibility into all SD-WAN fabrics (click through access with the right access control) enabling rapid response for troubleshooting and support issue resolution.
With Orchestrator Global Enterprise, large enterprises are able to quickly realize the following benefits:
- Accelerate business agility with isolated, individually managed SD-WAN fabrics to support new BUs or subsidiaries with administrative separation, without rearchitecting the network or incurring additional CAPEX
- Reduce CAPEX, OPEX and lifecycle costs of self-hosting new deployments with Orchestration-as-a-service with the Silver Peak cloud-hosted managed service offering
- Reduce ongoing IT administration cost and overhead with a global orchestration of SD-WAN fabrics across the entire network
- Accelerate secure SD-WAN infrastructure growth with a cloud-scale architecture that supports any number of additional Orchestrator tenants to drive instant expansion of new SD-WAN fabrics and network end-points
- Ease troubleshooting, reduce human errors and simplify operations with the centralized visibility and management of the entire network, delivering the highest quality of experience to users and IT