This SD- Deployment Guide describes setting up a new generic environment, rather than migrating from an older release. You might experience different results in your environment.
Silver Peak SD- offers automated setup—simply plug in your devices and automatically builds the network. For extra performance, you can add .
The primary components of a Silver Peak Unity SD- are:
- Unity - Runs as a virtual machine on VMware ESX/ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, and the open source KVM hypervisor.
- EdgeConnect appliances
- The EdgeConnect family scales to support everything from small branches to large data centers.
- Available as hardware or software appliances (can be mixed and matched per requirements).
- Hardware appliances are available as 1U rack-mountable appliances.
- See the Hardware Reference Guide for more details on the hardware.
Install . We recommend that all new EdgeConnect and deployments be running VXOA version 8.0 or later. You will receive a download link from Silver Peak by email.
- Complete the Deployment Checklist and gather your Deployment Parameters.
- Register to the Silver Peak . ( address) must be able to reach the Silver Peak via the . Allocate an appropriate address for the appliance and allow it access through any security components in the environment to the cloudportal.silver-peak.com . The requires port 443 access.
- If using VX or NX, obtain a pool of licenses for your appliances. You will receive these by email. If using EdgeConnect, you will use the same account key as .