SANTA CLARA, Calif., Aug. 13, 2013 – Silver Peak, the leader in accelerating data over distance, today announced it has completed a record fourth quarter and fiscal year 2013, ended July 31, 2013. Fueled by increased demand for its virtualized software products, the company had record sales for new and repeat customers, which included a large number of Riverbed Steelhead competitive wins and replacements.
“Silver Peak is at the forefront of the biggest disruption in networking, where the deployment model is shifting from hardware to more flexible and cost-effective virtualized software,” said David Hughes, CEO of Silver Peak. “Our joint competence in WAN optimization and virtualization puts us in the best possible position to address the data mobility needs of customers today and in the future as they make the transition to virtualized network services. Silver Peak’s strong results and growing list of global competitive wins affirm Silver Peak is the go-to solution for data acceleration.”
Silver Peak FY 2013 Business Highlights:
- Virtual sales grew 241% year-over-year and virtual WAN optimization software units sold now exceeds 50%, up from less than 5% two years ago.
- Riverbed competitive wins and replacements more than doubled in the year, and customers can switch to Silver Peak software for the cost of Riverbed maintenance alone.
- Record number of virtual WAN optimization deployments in production data centers.
- Launched Software-for-Life upgrade program that offers hardware customers free, anytime upgrade to an equivalent virtual product.
- Introduced WAN optimization by-the-hour for Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers.
- Leading analyst firms highlighted Silver Peak as the fastest growing virtual WAN optimization company.
- Introduced the Silver Peak VRX-2, VRX-4 and VRX-8 downloadable software products that are purpose-built for storage professionals to accelerate their offsite data replication workloads.
- InfoWorld Test Center awarded Silver Peak “Editor’s Choice” for virtual WAN optimization and a “perfect 10” for value, citing Silver Peak virtual performs as well or better than comparable Riverbed hardware.
- Exclusive integration of Silver Peak virtual WAN optimization software with the new Dell PowerEdge VRTX converged IT solution for branch offices.
Why Silver Peak is winning:
- Cost: Silver Peak offers the most flexible and competitive pricing for WAN optimization, with subscription and utility pricing options.
- Deployment Flexibility: Silver Peak software runs on all four major hypervisors, including VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V Server, Citrix XenServer, and RedHat KVM.
- Performance Leadership: Silver Peak delivers the highest-performance virtual and hardware WAN optimization solutions that provide multi-gigabit-per-second (Gbps) throughput and scalability to 10 Gbps environments.
- Simplified Replication Acceleration for Storage Professionals: Silver Peak Velocity combines data acceleration technology with specialized VRX virtual products, deployment methods, and pricing options to deliver 20x faster replication performance over any distance. Deployment takes less than 20 minutes and requires no networking expertise.
- Software for Life: Silver Peak is helping organizations simplify the transition to virtualization with a free software upgrade for life. This lifetime investment protection allows customers to purchase a Silver Peak hardware solution today and transition to virtual WAN optimization for free on any schedule.
About Silver Peak
Silver Peak software accelerates data movement between data centers, remote offices and the cloud. Download a free trial at http://marketplace.silver-peak.com.