Mitigate WAN latency with various advanced protocol acceleration techniques, which include
- TCP Acceleration. Optimize TCP performance across the WAN with:
- Window Scaling – We use the TCP Window Scale option to deliver window sizes as large as 1GB and overcome the throughput limitation imposed by the standard 64 KB TCP window size.
- Selective Acknowledgement - This mechanism for handling multiple packet loss in a WAN environment gives a complete picture of which segments are queued at the receiver and which have not yet arrived, so senders only retransmit the missing data segments
- Round-Trip Measurement - Our proprietary round trip measurement scheme enables more efficient RTT calculation for more accurate RTO (retransmission timeout) measurements, and improved throughput.
- HighSpeed TCP- This modification to TCP congestion control alters how the window is opened on each round trip and closed on congestion events as a function of the absolute size of the window for better performance in high-bandwidth, high-latency environments.
- CIFS Acceleration. We optimize performance of the often slow performing Microsoft CIFS protocol using the following techniques:
- CIFS Read-ahead - When a user is working with a file, Silver Peak appliances generate read ahead requests within the file in order to pipeline operations to the server, thus eliminating the round-trip delay associated with waiting for acknowledgement. This minimizes the latency associated with read operations.
- CIFS Write-behind – Silver Peak devices pipeline write operations on behalf of a client, thus eliminating round-trip delays associated with waiting for acknowledgements. This minimizes the amount of round trips required to perform write operations, improving performance without risking data integrity.
- CIFS Meta Data Optimizations – Standard Microsoft clients make many unnecessarily independent and duplicative requests for file and directory meta-data. Performance is enhanced by locally consolidating and responding to these requests.
More Responsive Applications
- Mitigate the chattiness of TCP using commonly accepted techniques.
- CIFS acceleration. Overcome inherent latency with Microsoft file sharing
- Maximum scalability. Silver Peak performs Network Acceleration at very high data rates for even the largest of WAN links.
- Maximum performance. By addressing both loss and latency using our technology, you can maximize acceleration and your network performance.
- Move data quicker over longer distances.
- Collaborate in real-time across longer distances.
Finisar is at the forefront of this wave, providing optical components and testing equipment that enable high-speed communications across Ethernet local area networks (LANs), Fibre Channel storage area networks (SANs), and metropolitan area networks (MANs).
For Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union (Denali) to expand its online banking services, enhancing its business continuity plan was a given. However, Denali’s wide area network (WAN) was insufficient for moving large amounts of data between the company’s main site in Anchorage and DR facility in Fairbanks. It was taking over eleven hours to replicate more than fifty gigabytes (GB) of data over the WAN — far too long for Denali’s IT team. Adding a new online banking system with up to ten times the data of the existing system would be impossible.
C2C, a Globecomm company, is specialized in Satellite communication solutions, and owns and operates a Teleport in Biddinghuizen, The Netherlands. C2C serves customers globally, connecting them worldwide via turnkey satellite solutions. C2C ensures that no matter how remote the location, companies have excellent quality of data, voice and internet connectivity. Customers contract with C2C because individual attention is given to each and every service C2C runs on a 24/7/365 basis. C2C’s customer base include companies in the oil, gas and mining industry, shipping companies, blue chip corporations, telecommunication solution providers, government organizations and telecom operators.
Curt G. Joa (“JOA”) is a privately held specialty machine builder based in Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin. For 70 years, the company has been a leader in the design and manufacture of custom machinery designed for the production of disposable hygiene products, including diapers, sanitary napkins, medical equipment, and related products.
Gunnersen Moves Data Quickly Across Australia With Silver Peak