Get more out of EMC Documentum without the costs and complexity of multiple repositories or specialized caching. Silver Peak accelerates Documentum over distance, shortening file transfers while eliminating more than 80 percent of the data from the wide area network (WAN). Remote insurance agents process forms faster and designers retrieve large CAD/CAM files in seconds, not minutes. With Silver Peak, IT can deliver a more consistent and more responsive EMC Documentum experience to every location.
EMC Documentum allows organizations to simplify their information lifecycle and improve productivity by ensuring vital content is accessible to the right users across the enterprise. But as users work further away from the Documentum repositories, performance problems often emerge. Content may take too long to retrieve while the performance of other applications sharing the network with Documentum may suffer.
Increasing wide area network (WAN) bandwidth typically does not address the problem. Regardless of the amount of bandwidth, the throughput of the TCP stack underlying Documentum decreases substantially as delay increases. Even when distance is nominal, delay across WANs and particularly Internet virtual private networks (VPNs) may be longer than expected due to network congestion, routing policies, peering practices and other factors.
Enterprises also cannot expect a cloud provider hosting a Documentum repository to fix the problem as the causes of delay often lie in the Internet not the cloud provider’s network. Deploying repositories or EMC Documentum Branch Office Caching Services (BOCS) at each location can help, but at the expense of increased operational cost and complexity.
Silver Peak improves Documentum performance and every other application. Where enterprises require distributed repositories, Silver Peak improves data replication between the locations by 20x. Customer experience shows that Silver Peak more than triples Documentum throughput and improves response time by more than 80 percent. More specifically, Silver Peak addresses the following network challenges:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication removes redundant data from the WAN. The first time Documentum sends data it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency, enabling Documentum to operate more efficiently over distance using. CIFS Acceleration includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes Documentum performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost packets are reconstituted in real-time at the far end of a WAN link, avoiding delays that come with multiple round-trip retransmissions; out-of-order packets are resequenced, avoiding retransmission and processing delays that occur when packets arrive out-of-order.
Silver Peak protects Documentum data in-flight between locations with an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) running AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest within Silver Peak instances is also encrypted with AES. End-to-end encryption is provided by SSL/TLS.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. Download and deploy it yourself in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your team.
VX Virtual WAN Optimization Software
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
NX Appliances for Application Acceleration and Replication Acceleration
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Unity Architecture: Building an SD-WAN Fabric
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Increase productivity by allowing users to save and retrieve files from Documentum repositories faster.
- Lower Documentum costs by allowing a single repository to work across greater distances without having to deploy EMC Documentum Branch Office Caching Services (BOCS) at the branch.
- Hire the best talent regardless of location by allowing employees to access information resources quickly and efficiently from any location
- Lower bandwidth charges by eliminating redundant data from the WAN.
Users in branch offices and remote offices have traditionally had a difficult time accessing files stored in remote data centers. The Windows file system relies on CIFS/SMB a chatty protocol that performs poorly over the WAN. Silver Peak corrects CIFS chattiness, accelerating the transfer of data to the branch office or remote office. This document explains how Silver Peak enable centrally managed file services to dramatically improve branch office and remote office productivity.
DWP Accelerates Data Mobility And App Performance Across Asia Pacific
Bed Bath & Beyond is a top retailer, with 930 stores throughout the US and Ontario, Canada. The stores’ floor-to-ceiling shelves stock better-quality (brand-name and private-label) goods in two main categories: domestics (bed linens, bathroom and kitchen items) and home furnishings (cookware and cutlery, small household appliances, picture frames, and more).
Autodesk, Inc. is a world leader in 2D and 3D design and engineering software for the manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD® software in 1982, Autodesk has developed the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software applications to help customers experience their ideas digitally before they are built. Fortune 1000 companies rely on Autodesk for the tools to design, visualize and simulate their ideas to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation for competitive advantage.