Maximize your SAP Business Suite investment and provide executives and business leaders with predictable, responsive access to SAP, even at the most distant remote locations. Silver Peak improves SAP performance over the wide area network (WAN), often increasing throughput by more than 6X. With Silver Peak, IT can deliver a more consistent, more predictable SAP user experience to every remote office, every time.
SAP Business Suite is a popular suite of business applications that provide integration of information and processes, collaboration, industry-specific functionality, and scalability. As organizations run SAP Business Suite across distance, problems may emerge for some locations. Queries may take too long to be fulfilled. Dashboard refreshes may be delayed. Replicating SAP databases off-site may fail to meet recovery point objectives (RPOs).
Adding more WAN bandwidth will not solve the problem. Delay, not bandwidth, is the biggest challenge for applications operating over distance. As delay increases, TCP throughput decreases regardless of bandwidth. Even where distance is limited, delay across WANs and particularly Internet virtual private networks (VPNs) may be longer than expected due to network congestion, service provider routing practices, and provider peering policies. And since service provider networks are dynamic, delay on any route will fluctuate, complicating troubleshooting efforts, frustrating users, and undermining SAP-dependent, business processes.
Silver Peak compensates for the underlying network challenges that may degrade SAP performance over distance. More than 85 percent of SAP data can be eliminated from the wide area network (WAN), shortening query fulfillment times and SAP replication. More specifically, Silver Peak addresses the following performance challenges:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication and compression eliminate more than 85 percent of the redundant data sent by SAP across the WAN. The first time SAP sends data it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency , enabling SAP to operate more efficiently over distance with TCP Acceleration which includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. Accessing CIFS-mounts is faster due to CIFS Acceleration that includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes SAP performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost packets are reconstituted in real-time at the far end of a WAN link, avoiding delays that come with multiple round-trip retransmissions. Out-of-order packets are resequenced, avoiding retransmission and processing delays that occur when packets arrive out-of-order.
Silver Peak protects SAP data in-flight between locations with an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) running AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest is also encrypted with AES. End-to-end encryption is provided by SSL/TLS.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. Download and deploy it yourself in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your team.
VX Virtual WAN Optimization Software
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
NX Appliances for Application Acceleration and Replication Acceleration
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Unity Architecture: Building an SD-WAN Fabric
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Maximize your SAP investment by allowing the entire enterprise to use SAP.
- Increase user productivity by improving the SAP experience for users in remote offices.
- Avoid or delay expensive WAN bandwidth upgrades by eliminating more than 85 percent of SAP traffic from the WAN.
- Shorten SAP replication and data transfers over distance by correcting networking limitations and eliminating excess SAP traffic from the WAN.
Web applications have become richer over time, including more interactive data with larger embedded images and file attachments. In addition, many client/server applications have a substantial amount of code that must be downloaded to the client browser before operation. All of these attributes make it increasingly difficult to deliver web applications across a WAN.
This brief explains the performance challenges Web applications to face when running over distance and how Silver Peak data acceleration solves those challenges. Included are HTTP performance results from lab tests and customer deployments.
Oracle E-Business is an integrated suite of applications for the enterprise that relies on an Oracle Database as the backend and a Web frontend. Oracle E-Business may perform well within an office, but performance often deteriorates across a wide area network (WAN). This application performance brief highlights how Silver Peak improves the performance of Oracle E-Business over the WAN.
Autodesk, Inc. is a world leader in 2D and 3D design and engineering software for the manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD® software in 1982, Autodesk has developed the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software applications to help customers experience their ideas digitally before they are built. Fortune 1000 companies rely on Autodesk for the tools to design, visualize and simulate their ideas to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation for competitive advantage.
Long-distance replication is essential to the protection of cloud services. But as The Software Company, a leading provider of IT Management Solutions, learned even the best replication solutions can struggle when moving data over long distance Internet connections. To meet their Recovery Point Objectives (RPO), The Software Company paired Silver Peak’sVelocity replication acceleration solution with NetApp SnapMirror. The result: the company can replicate over 200 GB of data across the United States in under 19 hours, safely and efficiently meeting their disaster recovery objectives.
Progressive Financial Services has deployed Silver Peak data center class WAN optimization to accelerate file transfers, optimize communications and ensure application integrity between multiple offices and its data center.