SD-WANs are quickly emerging as a preferred solution for leveraging the internet for enterprise connectivity. There are several key foundational components that come with an SD-WAN, including:
- Ability to leverage multiple forms of connectivity including broadband
- Dynamic path selection
- Zero-touch provisioning
- Centralized management
- Dramatic cost reductions
The value of a foundational SD-WAN on its own is clear. Organizations not only save money but benefit from increased business agility and worker productivity. It also enables IT to deploy new applications more quickly and accelerate time-to-value.
To achieve the maximum benefit from an SD-WAN, it’s important to fully investigate your options before selecting a specific SD-WAN solution. The question should not simply be: “How can I deploy an SD-WAN?” It should be: “How can I build a better WAN? One that addresses the new demands created by the Cloud; one that doesn’t disrupt my existing WAN during the transition.”
While an SD-WAN is a critical component of building a better WAN, a complete solution must address a broader set of requirements:
- Performance – Deliver predictable application performance and quality of service across the WAN
- Visibility and control – See and control all applications and data running across the WAN
- Security – Secure and segment all WAN traffic and applications
- Extensibility – Able to service chain other WAN services and route across the WAN
That’s where Silver Peak comes in. Silver Peak offers a complete range of hardware, software and cloud-based solutions that provide secure, reliable virtual WAN overlays to connect users to applications. Silver Peak SD-WAN solutions give IT the flexibility to use any combination of underlying transport technologies without compromising application performance. This dramatically lowers costs, boosts business performance and accelerates time to value.