Sales management and their distributed teams need fast and reliable access to customer data in Siebel CRM, even from distant locations. However, all too often WAN dynamics undermine Siebel performance over distance. Silver Peak fixes the WAN, improving Siebel CRM by 4.5X or more over distance. With Silver Peak, IT can deliver a faster, more consistent Siebel experience to every remote location.
Siebel CRM solution provides transactional, analytical and engagement features to manage customer-facing operations. While responsive within the organization, Siebel CRM performance can degrade across distance. Replicating Siebel databases offsite may take longer to complete. Logging into Siebel CRM from remote offices, as well as printing reports or refreshing dashboard, may require more time.
Adding more WAN bandwidth will not help Siebel performance across distances. As delay increases, TCP throughput decreases regardless of network bandwidth. Even where distance is limited, delay across private services, such as MPLS, and particularly Internet virtual private networks (VPNs), may be longer than expected due to network congestion, service provider routing practices, and provider peering policies. The fact that this may occur intermittently, impacting some routes some of the time, complicates root cause analysis.
Silver Peak addresses these and other network challenges, enabling Siebel CRM to perform well every time regardless of office location. More specifically, Silver Peak address the following challenges:
- Bandwidth – Silver Peak byte-level deduplication and compression remove redundant Siebel CRM data from the WAN. The first time Siebel CRM sends data it is fingerprinted and compressed by Silver Peak. Subsequent requests are fulfilled by the local Silver Peak instance.
- Latency – Silver Peak mitigates latency enabling Siebel CRM to operate more efficiently over distance. TCP Acceleration includes windows scaling, selective acknowledgements, and HighSpeed TCP. CIFS Acceleration includes CIFS read-ahead, CIFS write-behind, and CIFS metadata optimizations. Latency is also reduced through packet coalescing, which re-packages multiple smaller packets into a single larger one, and through Dynamic Path Control, which selects the fastest path to a remote location.
- Congestion – Silver Peak makes Siebel CRM performance more predictable across congested WANs. Lost packets are reconstituted in real-time at the far end of a WAN link, avoiding delays that come with multiple round-trip retransmissions. Out-of-order packets are resequenced, avoiding retransmission and processing delays that occur when packets arrive out-of-order.
Specific customers who have used Silver Peak to improve their CRM and ERP architectures include:
- Classic Components, a major electronics distributor
- Curt G. Joa (“JOA”), a global designer and manufacturer of specialty machines
- Essential Energy Services Trust, a leading provider of oilfield services in western Canada
- Merial, a world leader in research, manufacturing and marketing of animal health pharmaceuticals and vaccines
- Miles & Stockbridge P.C., a leading law firm in the mid-Atlantic region
- NCCW, one of the largest application service providers in the Netherlands
- SMTC, a global electronics manufacturing services provider
and many more. Silver Peak protects Siebel CRM data in-flight between locations with an Accelerated IPSec virtual private network (VPN) running AES-256, the enterprise standard for data encryption. Data-at-rest in Silver Peak instances is also encrypted with AES. End-to-end encryption is provided by SSL/TLS.
Silver Peak offers the most scalable and cost-effective data acceleration software for connecting data centers, remote offices and the cloud. You can download and deploy it as a free, self-service trial in just 20 minutes or contact us to see how Silver Peak can help your organization.
Silver Peak VX WAN optimization software supports the full list of Silver Peak WAN optimization features. Use Silver Peak VX software to build a Silver Peak Unity WAN fabric for integrating your enterprise WAN, the Internet and the cloud, and to optimize every SaaS application.
Silver Peak NX WAN optimization appliances are the industry's highest-performance WAN optimization solutions, delivering three-times the WAN performance and capacity of the nearest competing products. Silver Peak Software for Life program means you can convert NX appliances to VX software at anytime for free.
Silver Peak Unity is the premier solution for broadband and hybrid WANs.
- Increase productivity by giving remote account managers faster and more reliable access to Siebel CRM to review customer histories, orders and account profiles.
- Optimize sales by allowing territory managers to quickly retrieve Siebel CRM pipeline leads - and more.
- Avoid or delay expensive WAN bandwidth upgrades by eliminating more than 75 percent of Siebel CRM traffic from the WAN.
- Shorten Siebel CRM replication and data transfers over distance by correcting underlying networking problems and eliminating excess Siebel CRM traffic from the WAN.
Users in branch offices and remote offices have traditionally had a difficult time accessing files stored in remote data centers. The Windows file system relies on CIFS/SMB a chatty protocol that performs poorly over the WAN. Silver Peak corrects CIFS chattiness, accelerating the transfer of data to the branch office or remote office. This document explains how Silver Peak enable centrally managed file services to dramatically improve branch office and remote office productivity.
This is a demonstration of Silver Peak VX virtual WAN optimization software accelerating remote file transfers (CIFS) between a data center and a remote branch office.
Oracle E-Business is an integrated suite of applications for the enterprise that relies on an Oracle Database as the backend and a Web frontend. Oracle E-Business may perform well within an office, but performance often deteriorates across a wide area network (WAN). This application performance brief highlights how Silver Peak improves the performance of Oracle E-Business over the WAN.
The Structured Query Language (SQL) is a standard method of conveying information to and from relational databases. In many instances, these databases are centrally located, requiring SQL transactions to take place across a Wide Area Network (WAN). In addition, enterprises often replicate and/or backup databases across the WAN to ensure maximum data protection in the event of a disaster.
Charleston Area Medical Center Centralizes Applications Without Suffering The Ill-Effects Of Wan PerformanceThis mid-Atlantic medical center is a nonprofit, 919-bed, regional referral center with more than 4,000 employees. It is home to one of the top 10 heart programs in the United States and one of the nation’s busiest Level I Trauma Centers. Like similar environments, this medical center consists of multiple independent facilities, including urgent care sites, hospitals and administrative locations. However, from an IT perspective, these locations are managed as a single entity. This facilitates information sharing and enables IT resources to meet the medical center’s stringent demands.
Autodesk, Inc. is a world leader in 2D and 3D design and engineering software for the manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment markets. Since its introduction of AutoCAD® software in 1982, Autodesk has developed the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software applications to help customers experience their ideas digitally before they are built. Fortune 1000 companies rely on Autodesk for the tools to design, visualize and simulate their ideas to save time and money, enhance quality and foster innovation for competitive advantage.